Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Bought it new in mid-2017 from an AD, so I'm assuming it's a 2017 production?

Comment

• Mine for the week so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Mine for the week so far

super solid lineup

Comment

• New pick-up this week. TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz.

As spring has been peeking out from under all the snow I've been looking for a "fun" summer watch that is also appropriate to get beat up during fun summer activities. I knew I wanted something quartz to wear on rubber, and was somewhat influenced by the look of the PP Aquanaut/AP Royal Oak in terms of being drawn toward dark dials/brushed steel bezels/integrated rubber straps. I looked a lot at the Seamaster 2264.50/2262.50 (the quartz version of the sword-hands Seamaster Vicious posted above) but thought it was absurd to pay $2,000+ for a used quartz watch.

I know TAG quartz is pretty much the textbook definition of overpriced name-brand yuppie garbage but I am actually really pleased with the watch. I like that it is modern and chunky and geometric and almost a bit toy-like.

Bought it for summer wear with shorts and t-shirt but I'm also enjoying the no-fucks-given aspect of wearing it with a suit.
          Ben

Comment

• What watch I wore today

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
            I saw you put this up for sale on WUS, too rattly? I had considered one for my SMP quartz.
            It was rattly due to hollow end links but that didn't bother me. It was actually a very comfortable bracelet due to the links being so small.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
            super solid lineup
            Thanks. This is me today.

That's most of what I own at the moment. I have 2 DJ's I need to sell (a new blue dial and an older 1601 silver dial) since they don't get worn much. And I'm waiting for a GO Panoreserve to arrive next week and a Seiko I have on preorder.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            New pick-up this week. TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz.

[IMG]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57162421_10100545365540285_5689485989521653760_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=c2c101b6e686a391b38c011572896760&oe=5D478B 7A[/IMG

[IMG]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57471792_10100545365550265_7609120458532716544_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=93f59a6240711e154ac0f1246b34e35e&oe=5D44B5 52[/IMG

As spring has been peeking out from under all the snow I've been looking for a "fun" summer watch that is also appropriate to get beat up during fun summer activities. I knew I wanted something quartz to wear on rubber, and was somewhat influenced by the look of the PP Aquanaut/AP Royal Oak in terms of being drawn toward dark dials/brushed steel bezels/integrated rubber straps. I looked a lot at the Seamaster 2264.50/2262.50 (the quartz version of the sword-hands Seamaster Vicious posted above) but thought it was absurd to pay $2,000+ for a used quartz watch.

I know TAG quartz is pretty much the textbook definition of overpriced name-brand yuppie garbage but I am actually really pleased with the watch. I like that it is modern and chunky and geometric and almost a bit toy-like.

Bought it for summer wear with shorts and t-shirt but I'm also enjoying the no-fucks-given aspect of wearing it with a suit.
            Nice! I've always liked those TAGs. I actually have the 2264.50 and got quartz for the reason that it's low maintenance and I won't mind banging it around as much. I got mine for around $1000-$1200 (can't remember the exact price now).

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I actually have the 2264.50 and got quartz for the reason that it's low maintenance and I won't mind banging it around as much. I got mine for around $1000-$1200 (can't remember the exact price now).
              Yeah, I don't know why they are so expensive now except I guess that they must be getting harder to find in decent condition. When I was looking at them first a few years ago they were mostly going for $1300. Now they are up to $2500 at places like Crown and Caliber. I passed on the 36mm model for $1700 recently because the photos weren't very good and it was hard to tell the condition.
              Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                Yeah, I don't know why they are so expensive now except I guess that they must be getting harder to find in decent condition. When I was looking at them first a few years ago they were mostly going for $1300. Now they are up to $2500 at places like Crown and Caliber. I passed on the 36mm model for $1700 recently because the photos weren't very good and it was hard to tell the condition.
                I was speaking to Exelonman recently because I was thinking of picking up a 2221 and he was saying the prices of all of those old wave dials have gone up in the last 6 months. I got lucky that I snagged mine at the very beginning of the year for a good price. It has a small dent on the case/bezel near 9 oclock that the guy didn't tell me about but that makes it easier for me to use it as a weekend watch and not worry about it.

Comment

• All the natos inspired me to switch to a warm weather configuration

Comment

• Newly arrived Nodus Retrospect II. Will post some additional photos when lighting is better. Very impressed so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post
                      Newly arrived Nodus Retrospect II. Will post some additional photos when lighting is better. Very impressed so far!

Ooooh that's some nice lume! That's the one with inward sloping bezel, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Oh. Your words make my wrist very sad.

In all seriousness, I agree that Tag Heuer IS one of those brands that gets more hype and attention than it deserves. It reminds me a lot of the way, non-pen people assume that Montblanc is THE premier maker of fountain pens, when in reality they are just one of many good brands.

On the brighter side of things, the distaste for Tag Heuer amongst the WatchUSeek crowd means that you can often find good used bargains on the watch forums.
                        Last edited by TMann; April 18, 2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Ooooh that's some nice lume! That's the one with inward sloping bezel, correct?
                          It most assuredly is!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post
                            Newly arrived Nodus Retrospect II. Will post some additional photos when lighting is better. Very impressed so far!

Nodus is killing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              Hot damn that's a nice looking watch!
                              Double damn on this!!!

Comment

• My fav ol 7a38 today

Comment

Working...