This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] every time you post a photo that GMT I find myself going over to www.watchrecon.com Must. Remain. Strong...
    Wait till the price comes down from the stratosphere. But yes, it’s an awesome piece!

Comment

Trying the new one out on some NATO's this weekend. Tis the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        Trying the new one out on some NATO's this weekend. Tis the season.

Love that NATO on that watch!

You should check out https://erikasoriginals.com , her Sahara strap or the original (or vintage) MN would look killer on that watch, and you won't have to deal with all that excess strap since each strap is sized to your specs.

Super secure and comfortable since it's elastic, and you can infinitely adjust the fit/tightness on the fly without taking the watch off.

Comment

Speaking of Erika's Originals MN strap, got mine back on the diver.

Comment

Grabbed the Black Bay today...

[MENTION=16026]Nandyn[/MENTION], thanks for the strap link. I wasn't familiar with Erika's.
            Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
              Love that NATO on that watch!

You should check out https://erikasoriginals.com , her Sahara strap or the original (or vintage) MN would look killer on that watch, and you won't have to deal with all that excess strap since each strap is sized to your specs.

Super secure and comfortable since it's elastic, and you can infinitely adjust the fit/tightness on the fly without taking the watch off.
              I got away from NATO's for a long time and only wore pwrlon for slip through. I am slowly coming back around to them though. I usually convert them to a rag style by cutting off the under strap and hardware and trimming the tail, them singing the ends. You have probably picked up that I can't leave well enough alone with most things I buy.

Those straps have intrigued me for a while. If I really do more NATO's this year I will grab one.

Comment

I got away from NATO's for a long time and only wore pwrlon for slip through. I am slowly coming back around to them though. I usually convert them to a rag style by cutting off the under strap and hardware and trimming the tail, them singing the ends. You have probably picked up that I can't leave well enough alone with most things I buy.

Those straps have intrigued me for a while. If I really do more NATO's this year I will grab one.

Yeah, I've been converting my NATO's into two piece quick releases by cutting with a heated blade/melting folds together, etc. But yeah perlon is great because they're thin and you can buckle them anywhere for the best fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                  Yeah, I've been converting my NATO's into two piece quick releases by cutting with a heated blade/melting folds together, etc. But yeah perlon is great because they're thin and you can buckle them anywhere for the best fit.
                  and they dry faster. I might try the 2 piece thing. how do you fuse the folded ends? PM me if you want. I have old natos to experiment with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    The omega boutique was able to fit an old school Speedy bracelet on there for me!
                    I saw you put this up for sale on WUS, too rattly? I had considered one for my SMP quartz.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                      Just picked this one up in trade. It's a vintage Hamilton from around 1970 or so. 37mm in diameter, so not too small. Swapped out the black leather for a oiled brown leather strap from Hadley Roma. It's my only gold-colored watch.

I really dig the oiled brown leather strap mixed with the vintage gold look on this Hamilton. Bravo!

Comment

This watch has me trying out all my natos again

Comment

This watch has me trying out all my natos again

Three things....

1. First, of all, I really like the color and texture of that leather NATO. What brand is it?

2. Secondly, how do you like that Hamilton chrono? Does it feel large? How does it compare to, say, a typical 42mm dive watch? I've always liked that model of chronograph, but I've always been scared off by the size. Since that watch has a narrow bezel, I think that the dial would look huge on my puny wrist.

3. Third, after years of reading your posts here on Dappered Threads, I just realized that your user name is "Id-vs-Ego." I'd been reading it as one long word up until now. LOL.
                          Last edited by TMann; April 14, 2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Three things....

1. First, of all, I really like the color and texture of that leather NATO. What brand is it?

2. Secondly, how do you like that Hamilton chrono? Does it feel large? How does it compare to, say, a typical 42mm dive watch? I've always liked that model of chronograph, but I've always been scared off by the size. Since that watch has a narrow bezel, I think that the dial would look huge on my puny wrist.

3. Third, after years of reading your posts here on Dappered Threads, I just realized that your user name is "Id-vs-Ego." I'd been reading it as one long word up until now. LOL.
                            1. Cheapest nato straps. Its a natural leather that has picked up the coloring from years of off and on wear. It started off very blonde. I wore it in the shower, to music festivals, in the pool, in the ocean...just to make it pick up some real color and wear.

2. its a little big. My wrist is 6.75 and I usually draw the line at 42mm. The thing about this watch is the asymetrical design makes it wear a little differently. Even though the case measures 43mm, at least 1-2mm of that is the crown board on the pusher side. So I feel like it wear more like a 40-41mm watch. Plus it isnt thick and hte lug to lug is nice. The slight dome and curve of the case fits my wrist well. I have wanted a pioneer pilot for a while and finally gave up on the auto because it was thicker. I have only had this for a couple of weeks but so far I love it. I like neutral toned dials but white can be very stark.

3. lol, yeah, for some reason I couldnt get the capitalization on this forum. I usually do IDvsEGO. It was my first online gamertag and I have stuck with it in some variation for all my message boards. You can find way more about me by googling that than you can my actual name.

Comment

1. Cheapest nato straps. Its a natural leather that has picked up the coloring from years of off and on wear. It started off very blonde. I wore it in the shower, to music festivals, in the pool, in the ocean...just to make it pick up some real color and wear.

2. its a little big. My wrist is 6.75 and I usually draw the line at 42mm. The thing about this watch is the asymetrical design makes it wear a little differently. Even though the case measures 43mm, at least 1-2mm of that is the crown board on the pusher side. So I feel like it wear more like a 40-41mm watch. Plus it isnt thick and hte lug to lug is nice. The slight dome and curve of the case fits my wrist well. I have wanted a pioneer pilot for a while and finally gave up on the auto because it was thicker. I have only had this for a couple of weeks but so far I love it. I like neutral toned dials but white can be very stark.

3. lol, yeah, for some reason I couldnt get the capitalization on this forum. I usually do IDvsEGO. It was my first online gamertag and I have stuck with it in some variation for all my message boards. You can find way more about me by googling that than you can my actual name.
                              But where is superego?? Cheapest NATO straps is where I get most of my straps when I don't make them myself. Bought several of their sport tropic straps they have on clearance ($2 each!). They've got short lengths for many of their two piece bands now! Would be nice if they start carrying shorter NATOs, too.

Comment

I just realized that your user name is "Id-vs-Ego." I'd been reading it as one long word up until now. LOL.
                                lol, yeah, for some reason I couldnt get the capitalization on this forum. I usually do IDvsEGO. It was my first online gamertag and I have stuck with it in some variation for all my message boards. You can find way more about me by googling that than you can my actual name.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X