Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me (courtesy of [MENTION=16986]ryan850[/MENTION]) Seiko kinetic GMT.
    Incidentally, anybody wanna buy a gently used Hirsch (Liberty model, I think) leather strap (too long/big for my wrist)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      New to me (courtesy of [MENTION=16986]ryan850[/MENTION]) Seiko kinetic GMT.
      Incidentally, anybody wanna buy a gently used Hirsch (Liberty model, I think) leather strap (too long/big for my wrist)?

Love the look of this watch. Just wish they made a 40mm version.

Comment

swatch x hodinkee today just chilling

Comment

My work horse

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gym watch

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Gym watch

Serious? LOL.

My criteria for a gym watch is: Sporty; small/light; durable/shock-resistant; inexpensive. Currently I were a Timex Expedition or an old Seiko chrono when I'm working out.

But...it IS a good look on the brown NATO.

Comment

serious question, what is the point of wearing any watch while at the gym? i'd think it just gets in the way or you'd be worried about smacking it with a weight

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                  serious question, what is the point of wearing any watch while at the gym?
                  I have a serious question for you: what is the point of wearing any watch anywhere?

I wear watches to tell time and to look nice. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by JT10000 View Post
                    I have a serious question for you: what is the point of wearing any watch anywhere?

I wear watches to tell time and to look nice. YMMV.
                    Except the gym is probably the one place it doesnt matter if you look nice or even what time it is. Not to mention it has major potential for getting in the way and getting damaged

Comment

Not sure what you’re doing at the gym where it doesn’t matter what time it is. I time my rest between sets - 2 minutes between regular sets, 5 between heavy joker sets, 1 between light FSL sets. And, of course, there is the whole reason you wear a watch in any circumstance, which is to be aware of the time generally, since I am rarely at the gym without having somewhere else I need to be afterward, and when I am, it’s in the evening and the gym is going to be closing at some point that I want to be aware of.

Unless I were doing Oly lifting, kettlebell work, or gymnastic work, I’m not sure why my watch would ever be more likely to be damaged at the gym than anywhere else. 90% of what I do at the gym is squats, bench, and deadlifts which are all pretty harmless to watches.

Also, some of us wear watches so routinely (all the time except in the shower) that not wearing one to the gym would be far stranger and more uncomfortable.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Not sure what you’re doing at the gym where it doesn’t matter what time it is. I time my rest between sets - 2 minutes between regular sets, 5 between heavy joker sets, 1 between light FSL sets. And, of course, there is the whole reason you wear a watch in any circumstance, which is to be aware of the time generally, since I am rarely at the gym without having somewhere else I need to be afterward, and when I am, it’s in the evening and the gym is going to be closing at some point that I want to be aware of.

Unless I were doing Oly lifting, kettlebell work, or gymnastic work, I’m not sure why my watch would ever be more likely to be damaged at the gym than anywhere else. 90% of what I do at the gym is squats, bench, and deadlifts which are all pretty harmless to watches.

Also, some of us wear watches so routinely (all the time except in the shower) that not wearing one to the gym would be far stranger and more uncomfortable.
                        fair enough, the gym is the one time i dont wear a watch. already have my phone to listen to podcasts so actually just use that

Comment

I dont care for the hands either. The hands on the black and blue versions are different. However the stock photos for the blue hands are quite accurate. Maybe the tip of the minutes hand is hidden by the markers? There is a silver border by the hands too that isnt quite noticeable in the pics. What else looks different?
                          Its the silver boarder that I didn't notice in your pictures. I'm not a fan of how it stops three quarters of the way up the hand. Other than that I really like the look of the blue face. I'm also considering the Lorier Neptune and Baltic Aquascaphe. Looks wise, I'm more drawn to the Baltic but the dimensions of the Maen is more ideal. Plus it has the better movement for two thirds the price.

Comment

How to low-key wear a Rolex:

Put it on a $12 fabric strap

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Its the silver boarder that I didn't notice in your pictures. I'm not a fan of how it stops three quarters of the way up the hand. Other than that I really like the look of the blue face. I'm also considering the Lorier Neptune and Baltic Aquascaphe. Looks wise, I'm more drawn to the Baltic but the dimensions of the Maen is more ideal. Plus it has the better movement for two thirds the price.
                              yeah the borders are there, just less noticeable in direct sunlight. i'm also waiting on the Christopher Ward mark 3 tridents coming out may 1st. they're redesigning it and making it thinner (it was already decently thin before). if i like the design and they have some good colors i'll probably pull the trigger on that too

Comment

yeah the borders are there, just less noticeable in direct sunlight. i'm also waiting on the Christopher Ward mark 3 tridents coming out may 1st. they're redesigning it and making it thinner (it was already decently thin before). if i like the design and they have some good colors i'll probably pull the trigger on that too
                                I didn't know that Christopher Ward was redesigning the Trident. That's good news that they're slimming it down. The Trident was high on my list for a while but I think I stopped considering it because it was too thick. I'll definitely keep on eye out for it so I can actually post something worthwhile to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X