Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally picked up a vintage watch I like. If it had only been sold 2 months later it could have been a birth year watch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vicious49; March 3, 2019, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
      After that topic looking for a good watch for my small wrists, finally found one!

https://imgur.com/Ef2YmW6
      https://imgur.com/66oSx20
      https://imgur.com/5tSjqfA

Maen Hudson in 38mm and midnight blue. This thing pretty much has dress watch proportions and weight in a diver style

On an olive premium model 2 worn&wound strap, expensive but super comfortable

Loving it so far!
      I considered this watch but was turned off by the all of the mismatching red accents on the black version. I also wasn't a fan of the hands but they seem different on yours. Are the hands actually different than what is shown on their stock images? These pictures are making me reconsider and take a second look at the blue version.

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] That's a nice looking watch. Well done sir.

Comment

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
          Don’t want to interrupt the conversation but feel a need to post something

HOW DARE YOU post a watch you wore in this thread
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] That's a nice looking watch. Well done sir.
            Thanks.

Just an FYI - The older DateJusts look better on straps than the newer DJs. The older ones also wear smaller even though they ar both listed at 36mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I considered this watch but was turned off by the all of the mismatching red accents on the black version. I also wasn't a fan of the hands but they seem different on yours. Are the hands actually different than what is shown on their stock images? These pictures are making me reconsider and take a second look at the blue version.
              I dont care for the hands either. The hands on the black and blue versions are different. However the stock photos for the blue hands are quite accurate. Maybe the tip of the minutes hand is hidden by the markers? There is a silver border by the hands too that isnt quite noticeable in the pics. What else looks different?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                HOW DARE YOU post a watch you wore in this thread
                Hahahaha I’m sorry guys. I know I was being inconsiderate

Comment

Went into my local (and really good) watch repair shop to have them replace a quartz watch battery and found this in a group of vintage Omegas that the shop owners had just put up for sale. It has everything I've wanted in a vintage Omega - clean dial - no date - 501 movement in great shape. Got lucky, I think...

Mark

Comment

Been a while, here’s the changeup vs. my usual daily wears.

Comment

[MENTION=16314]motosacto[/MENTION], great looking pick up - congrats!

MB diver for me today...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by motosacto View Post
                        Went into my local (and really good) watch repair shop to have them replace a quartz watch battery and found this in a group of vintage Omegas that the shop owners had just put up for sale. It has everything I've wanted in a vintage Omega - clean dial - no date - 501 movement in great shape. Got lucky, I think...

Whoa, great catch, both the shop and the watch.

Comment

Welp that was fast.

Can't stop staring at this on my wrist....
                          Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], gorgeous! Great choice - glad you like it.
                            Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Isn’t that the same as mine with the railroad tracks? Except yours is smooth instead of fluted bezel. I thought you wanted the newer version?

As far as staring at it, I think I’m starting to like my DJs more than my Sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Isn’t that the same as mine with the railroad tracks? Except yours is smooth instead of fluted bezel. I thought you wanted the newer version?

As far as staring at it, I think I’m starting to like my DJs more than my Sub.

Yep, same as yours except with a domed bezel.

I decided that - assuming Rolex updates the DJ36 - I would maybe go with a white or rhodium dial - assuming it's the same white or rhodium as are available on the current DJ41s. I feel like that would be a nice, clean, modern look to go along with the more minimalist (railroad track-less) dial that Rolex is putting on the newer movement models. But that's a lot of assumptions so I'm not holding my breath.

And in fact, I don't mind the railroads tracks on this model. They always looked a little fussy/stuffy to me but that actually works with the jubilee bracelet somehow. It just fits with the character of the watch.

I opted for the blue/jubilee/domed after viewing possibly every pic of the DJ36 that exists on Instagram. The tuxedo dial is cool but after seeing wrist shots of various configurations it struck me as the kind of watch that looks cooler in theory than on the wrist. I opted for domed over fluted because I like how the jubilee bracelet emphasizes the bubble/cushion shape of the case and gives it a bit of a mid-century, flying saucer sort of look.

In fact my favorite thing about this watch is how similar it should be to my Oyster Perpetual, yet how very minor differences give it such a distinctly different character. The OP is almost aggressively understated while this watch seems a lot more playful and boisterous. They complement each other pretty nicely IMO.

[Edit] I also missed the roulette date wheel from my old silver/rhodium DJ so I'm happy to have it back on this watch.
                                Last edited by LesserBlackDog; March 4, 2019, 07:43 PM.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X