X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
    (naturally) Relic-ed 7a38 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought of your watch when I saw this story going around social media the other day.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ka...oyal-oak-black
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I thought of your watch when I saw this story going around social media the other day.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ka...oyal-oak-black
      Wow, so cool. Thanks for making that connection and posting. I imagine ol Karl was not going for the patina, as I was, but doesn’t it look fantastic on his? Man the watch in the article is so cool!!! Happier wearing mine today now.

Comment

Hello! Where did you buy the strap for your Bambino watch?

Comment

Not what I'm wearing today but maybe soon...

https://shop.hodinkee.com/blogs/jour...ition-alpinist

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seiko sbdc051. My first "expensive ish" watch

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
              O my.

That is a nice LE... though I may still like the original green and gold better.

In other news my AD finally received my no date Sub... I'm having them overnight it to me since I don't want to make the 120 mile drive in these weather conditions. So hopefully I will have it tomorrow....
              Ben

Comment

I purchased this Tag for a good price a few months back. Unfortunately, it came on the OEM rubber strap, which I promptly took off. I tried out a few different after-market straps and bracelets, but none of them really worked for me. So....this past week I finally bit the bullet and bought a Tag Heuer-branded bracelet for this watch. Ah. My wrist is so much happier now.

Last edited by TMann; February 27, 2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
                  I ran across an ad for that watch on another website. Very nice. I like the size (39.5 mm) and the compass function could also be used as a timing bezel just like a dive watch.

Last edited by TMann; February 27, 2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Brass Helson shark today...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

I saw that Alpinist on Hodinkee. Had it in my cart for about 15 minutes but decided not to pull the trigger as if never wear it. I didn’t want to be one of the many speculators who was picking it up just to flip for a profit.

It’s a red date day!

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                        Brass Helson shark today...

Wow, not everyone can rock that much color, but this all really works with that watch. Nice watch and sleeves!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          I saw that Alpinist on Hodinkee. Had it in my cart for about 15 minutes but decided not to pull the trigger as if never wear it. I didn’t want to be one of the many speculators who was picking it up just to flip for a profit.

It’s a red date day!

Pardon my ignorance...but why is the date red? Are all of the dates red?

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                            Pardon my ignorance...but why is the date red? Are all of the dates red?
                            That is a roulette date wheel - the odd numbers are red and evens are black. It is evidently a throwback to post-war rationing in the UK, when certain goods would only be available on odd or even days. Or at least that is the urban legend. The roulette date wheel has been around in some form since 1945.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              That is a roulette date wheel - the odd numbers are red and evens are black. It is evidently a throwback to post-war rationing in the UK, when certain goods would only be available on odd or even days. Or at least that is the urban legend. The roulette date wheel has been around in some form since 1945.
                              Ah. Very cool. You learn something new every day around here.

Comment

Was never sure about divers, so wanted to test one out before I got into some money on one. I am really liking this Casio Duro. Threw a leather strap on to dress is up some and turning into one of my favorites.

Last edited by pleisner3; February 28, 2019, 11:34 AM. Reason: image

Comment

Working...
                                X