• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    The Stop2Go...

Cool watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What watch I wore today

Something a bit different from the vintage standpoint.

This is a WW2 era ARSA with a Wehrmacht issued engraving number on the reverse. Strap is not original but a historically mindful replica.

Last edited by Publius; February 23, 2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
        Cool watch!

Thanks, and that Arsa is awesome!
        Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Just got this one in today.

Gorgeous! Congrats

Comment

The AlpinerX hybrid smartwatch...

Comment

Man I think I'm going to have to get rid of my speedy. As much as I love the dial and Hesalite, I think it's just bulkier than my preference, something near 14mm I think. If anyone wants a full kit modern speedy with presentation box, I always give discounts to people from this group.

Here's my question though - to the guys with subs and explorers - what has been your experience regarding how thick the cases were? I really like a few watches I have with <12mm cases

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
                Here's my question though - to the guys with subs and explorers - what has been your experience regarding how thick the cases were? I really like a few watches I have with <12mm cases
                Modern Maxi case Sub or pre-Maxi? Explorer I or II?

A pre-Maxi Sub will wear smaller than a Speedy Pro; however, even though a modern Maxi case Sub is smaller in diameter (40mm) and thinner (12.9mm or something) than the Speedy, many people have said it actually wears bigger due to how uniformly thick the case is, and the fat lugs. I'm on a wait list for a new no-date Sub so hopefully I can give you a personal comparison in the not-too-distant future.

Modern Explorer IIs (42mm) are quite thick and wear pretty large, especially with the white dial, while an older 40mm Explorer II and either a 36mm or 39mm Explorer I will be quite a bit slimmer and wear smaller than the Speedy Pro.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Modern Maxi case Sub or pre-Maxi? Explorer I or II?

A pre-Maxi Sub will wear smaller than a Speedy Pro; however, even though a modern Maxi case Sub is smaller in diameter (40mm) and thinner (12.9mm or something) than the Speedy, many people have said it actually wears bigger due to how uniformly thick the case is, and the fat lugs. I'm on a wait list for a new no-date Sub so hopefully I can give you a personal comparison in the not-too-distant future.

Modern Explorer IIs (42mm) are quite thick and wear pretty large, especially with the white dial, while an older 40mm Explorer II and either a 36mm or 39mm Explorer I will be quite a bit slimmer and wear smaller than the Speedy Pro.
                  Thanks Ben. Considering the pre ceramic sub and 40mm explorer I think

Comment

Those will both wear a fair bit smaller and slimmer than a Speedy Pro.
                    Ben

Comment

Thanks man exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I can get one later this year or the next.

Comment

I've had the ceramic no date Sub and it does wear bigger due to the maxi case. A 5 digit Sub wears smaller than the Speedy. The 5 digit Sub and Explorer II share the same case but the bezel is a bit different. Because of this and having a lower water rating which leads to a flatter case back, the Explorer II will wear slimmer than the Sub. The GMT or Explorer II both wear slimmer than the Sub due to having a thinner case back. I'd suggest one of those if thinness is one of your main criteria.

Ben - I know you are on the waitlist for The ceramic Sub but your wrists are smaller than mine. I don't think you'll be happy with the size of it.

Comment

Nice to see a Mondaine Stop2Go here. I would really like to see one of those in person, it seems like something I would like. I do remember those trim clocks from the month I spent backpacking in college.Maybe they have them at the Torneau shop?

The Evant Decodiver was on my wrist recently as I went window shopping at the forum shops in Las Vegas. A couple of sales people at the boutiques actually complimented me on this thing. Price equals about 10% of the entry level watch at those shops.

Comment

Orient Esteem today.

Comment

(naturally) Relic-ed 7a38 today

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Ben - I know you are on the waitlist for The ceramic Sub but your wrists are smaller than mine. I don't think you'll be happy with the size of it.
                                You're probably not wrong But the heart wants what it wants and if it doesn't work out I can flip it easily, maybe even for a profit.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X