X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied

Double post/report from [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] one watch for December challenge. Rolex Submariner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Just got a Bulova "new old stock" expansion band from eBay for $18 shipped and I gotta say, really loving it. Very comfortable after I sized it down (was a pain in the ass using just regular tweezers and mini screw drivers) and I especially love the curved ends. Much cheaper than the Vollmer curved ends mesh band that I was looking at.

Last edited by Nandyn; December 14, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied

Didn’t feel like setting the time today. The NATO made me feel a little preppy, so I grabbed my Shell penny loafers to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• J2K66
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nikbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    Ha! We think alike...

With the Newman market in the stratosphere and eliminating mere mortals from ever being able to buy one
    You certainly have that right. I was looking at Daytona watches and wow. If only I’d known the market for Daytona’s and GMT’S was going to go nuts I would have bought one years ago. Now it just seems like an impossible dream.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
    You can’t wear a house on your wrist, and it doesn’t tell the time....so I think the choice is clear!
    Ha! We think alike...

With the Newman market in the stratosphere and eliminating mere mortals from ever being able to buy one, the vintage Daytona market has swung the spotlight on a few other references - especially the 6263, nicknamed the "Big Red". But even that market seems to be catching up. There are even rarer versions of the Big Red, such as the "floating" dial, above (the "Daytona" was placed a little higher above the 6 subdial for a brief period). Add that premium to a one-owner watch that has no service parts and has never been polished, and you end up with a 6-figure timepiece.

Refreshingly (in my mind), my friend intends to wear it as one of his dailies. He reminded me that is what insurance is for...

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    Yep, friend ended up buying it tonight. Crazy.. house or watch, house or watch...
    You can’t wear a house on your wrist, and it doesn’t tell the time....so I think the choice is clear!

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Very Nice!

Limited edition Hodinkee?
    Yeah. They overnighted it for free. I bought mine in the first 5-10 minutes after it was released. The black, blue, grey, combo goes with most of my work outfits so thought I'd give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Yep, friend ended up buying it tonight. Crazy.. house or watch, house or watch...

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] Nice looking watch!

[MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] Did you pick up the Datytona? Nice looking watch.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Helping a friend shop for a 6263

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post