This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMann View Post
    I almost started a new thread, but decided to ask this question here: If you were going to buy a new DRESS watch, what combination would you get for dial color, metal color and strap color?

I'm seriously thinking of picking up a Hamilton Intra-Matic to wear only when I'm dressed up and I can't decide which color combination to get. It comes with both a stainless and gold finish, with a black or silver dial. I'm thinking that the silver dial/stainless finish would be the most versatile (i.e. least dressy), but I'm kind of leaning towards the black dial as it will be my one watch for dressy occasions.

Pics from the web:

I would definitely get the stainless/silver dial model and I probably will. The intra-matic is one of the nicest looking dress watches out there right now and it's a very reasonable cost for what it offers. I particularly like the understatedness of the calfskin strap.

Comment

• Casio Edifice this morning.

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] thanks for the update / info on the watch. When I start looking for another watch perhaps I'll give Steinhart a closer look. I see you just pulled the trigger on a watch from them. Did you order it online or buy the watch locally?

@ TMann I too am partial to the black dial. What did you settle on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Casio Edifice this morning.
        Jeez. That is sharp!

Comment

• [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], I ordered direct from the Steinhart website. I don't think Steinhart has any distributors/retailers in the US (I could be wrong tho).

VSA for me today

One of the few good watch deals I've scored in-person, at T.J. Maxx. The watch came on a rather ugly bund strap. I like this NATO better.
          Ben

Comment

• Got the day off and lounging around. Went with my Victorinox today too!

Comment

• Orient Bambino today

Comment

• I had to do it.

Parking garage lume shot.
                Ben

Comment

• Old faithful.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Parking garage lume shot.
                    Parking garage lume is my favorite lume.

Comment

• Cuz it's the best duh.
                      Ben

Comment

Orient Bambino today

I love this watch so much. I guess I need to keep an eye on ebay because apparently it is out of production. I have my eye on a number of Orients, but IMO this one is my absolute favorite.

Comment

@ TMann I too am partial to the black dial. What did you settle on?
                          Still deciding. The funny thing is that I rarely wear a suit and I can't remember the last black tie event that I attended; I'm sure that it was a formal wedding from my younger years. So I don't really NEED a formal dress watch. But I WANT one, so I'll probably end up with the black dial version if I buy it new. If I come across a good deal on WUS or some other site, I'll be satisfied with any of the above.

So I may copy [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] and pick up a vintage Longines. I've seen a few nice ones come through the watch websites for a reasonable prices. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Pretty much my Friday watch now and I always look forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMann View Post
                              Still deciding. The funny thing is that I rarely wear a suit and I can't remember the last black tie event that I attended; I'm sure that it was a formal wedding from my younger years. So I don't really NEED a formal dress watch. But I WANT one, so I'll probably end up with the black dial version if I buy it new. If I come across a good deal on WUS or some other site, I'll be satisfied with any of the above.

So I may copy [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] and pick up a vintage Longines. I've seen a few nice ones come through the watch websites for a reasonable prices. I'll let you know.
                              You won't regret it. I just got back home from my work trip last night (30+ hours of traveling back) and I'll be wearing my vintage Longines to a job interview.

Wish me luck gents!

Comment

• Oh and, if you get the intra, get silver on steel. It will never lose its appeal!

Comment

Working...
                                X