Clear All

• carlitos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now I like the look of this a lot! Any details you can share?

Leave a comment:

• Rbirnie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Wow. That's a nice looking watch [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION]. Plus the heritage of the watch, coming from your grandfather, gives the watch a special provenience.
    Thanks [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]. Same era, the other grandfather today. I've had it for about a year but it's the first time I've ever worn this one; an Elgin Sportsman with sunburst dial on a classic twist-o-flex.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. That's a nice looking watch [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION]. Plus the heritage of the watch, coming from your grandfather, gives the watch a special provenience.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    It hasn't been out in a while, but here's another shot of the vintage Nivada Grenchen that belonged to my grandfather...

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Black tie

Leave a comment:

• jory_king
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Hey, one of the new Seiko watches that is replace the SKX lineup. How do you like it?
    I like it a lot. I was torn between this and the Seiko Samurai and it just felt so clunky next to this. It is a little too dressy for some NATO straps but I have no regrets.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by jory_king View Post
    New Seiko 5 for a rehearsal today.

Hey, one of the new Seiko watches that is replace the SKX lineup. How do you like it?

Leave a comment:

• jory_king
    replied
    Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
    There's a joke in there somewhere about a guy in the army going into the water wearing a dive watch, but I can't quite figure it out....

Man, every time I see one of the new Seikos I want one. My Orient Ray recently stopped working and it's probably not worth the cost to repair it.
    I’m sure there is! I was torn between an Orient and this but when this watch was on such a good deal from Macy’s I had to pick it up. Around $170 OTD.

Leave a comment:

• believe0101
    replied
    Originally posted by jory_king View Post

There's a joke in there somewhere about a guy in the army going into the water wearing a dive watch, but I can't quite figure it out....

Man, every time I see one of the new Seikos I want one. My Orient Ray recently stopped working and it's probably not worth the cost to repair it.

Leave a comment:

• jory_king
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jory_king
    replied
    Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
    Super cool! Thanks for the info, I never knew stuff like this was possible.

Today I'm wearing my trusty brass Timex Expedition Field watch with a brown ilcea museum calf strap I got off some guy on Reddit. It's a bit big for my wrist, but it's Friday so I don't mind dressing down haha.

This is one of my favorite watches I own. Looks great on NATO straps, too. Mine made it through Army Basic Training and years of abuse. Looks better when it’s beat up, too.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    I keep saying thats my next thing, a full build. I got a little bored with the modding thing. Good looking watch.
    Thanks. And scratch builds can be much less frustrating than some mods... when the bits and pieces are all sourced up front, ready to go, and actually fit together!

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes, this one was a custom build 7 or 8 years ago. None of the parts were expensive, including the versatile workhorse cal 6497 manual-wind movement. It also has a nice, full-width exhibition case back to enjoy the engineering.
    I keep saying thats my next thing, a full build. I got a little bored with the modding thing. Good looking watch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X