Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



    Please let it be known that I am NOT wearing sweatpants in this pic.

    Edit: Also, why don't my pictures come out as nice as everyone else's? Am I using a potato (iPhone 7)?
    Last edited by .brian.; January 4, 2019, 02:17 PM.

    Comment


      Speedy Friday for me...

      Ben

      Comment


        Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post


        Trying it on a new strap today.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Very nice

        Comment





          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
            Beautiful piece! How are you liking it? It was my second choice behind the Sinn. I couldn’t get an AD to stock one so that I could try it on.
            I love the dial on it. I do wish it wasn't quite as thick as it is. I can see that eventually annoying me which will lead me to swap it for something else.

            Comment


              Out running errands on a Sunday afternoon:

              Comment


                Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I love the dial on it. I do wish it wasn't quite as thick as it is. I can see that eventually annoying me which will lead me to swap it for something else.
                Is that the 42mm version limited edition from a couple of years ago? Or the more recent 40 mm version?

                Comment


                  New to me eBay pick up. Vintage Oris handwind.

                  Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                  Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                  --Jason Isbell

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TMann View Post
                    Is that the 42mm version limited edition from a couple of years ago? Or the more recent 40 mm version?
                    40mm. The 42 has the reverse dial from this one.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      40mm. The 42 has the reverse dial from this one.
                      It's too bad that it feels so chunky on the wrist. I guess that's probably typical of all mechanical chronos, though.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TMann View Post
                        It's too bad that it feels so chunky on the wrist. I guess that's probably typical of all mechanical chronos, though.
                        That’s why I jumped on my new Sinn with a Lemania movement. Being hand-wound cuts down on the bulk.

                        Comment




                          Decided the new strap looked better on an old piece.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by BillN View Post
                            New to me eBay pick up. Vintage Oris handwind.

                            Really nice, congrats!! How vintage is it actually? Did you have to service it? I wish there as many manual wind movements today, as there are automatic.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Best guess would be 1960s-1970s. It allegedly came oiled, etc. For the $10 or so I paid, i’m Fine to wait and find out.

                              Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                              Really nice, congrats!! How vintage is it actually? Did you have to service it? I wish there as many manual wind movements today, as there are automatic.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by BillN View Post
                                Best guess would be 1960s-1970s. It allegedly came oiled, etc. For the $10 or so I paid, i’m Fine to wait and find out.
                                $10?

                                I would warn you that Oris's are often franken'd/refinished from foreign vendors online, but for that price? Who cares. Great buy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X