Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let it be known that I am NOT wearing sweatpants in this pic.

Edit: Also, why don't my pictures come out as nice as everyone else's? Am I using a potato (iPhone 7)?
    Last edited by .brian.; January 4, 2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Speedy Friday for me...

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Trying it on a new strap today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Very nice

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
            Beautiful piece! How are you liking it? It was my second choice behind the Sinn. I couldn’t get an AD to stock one so that I could try it on.
            I love the dial on it. I do wish it wasn't quite as thick as it is. I can see that eventually annoying me which will lead me to swap it for something else.

Comment

Out running errands on a Sunday afternoon:

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I love the dial on it. I do wish it wasn't quite as thick as it is. I can see that eventually annoying me which will lead me to swap it for something else.
                Is that the 42mm version limited edition from a couple of years ago? Or the more recent 40 mm version?

Comment

New to me eBay pick up. Vintage Oris handwind.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                  Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                  --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                    Is that the 42mm version limited edition from a couple of years ago? Or the more recent 40 mm version?
                    40mm. The 42 has the reverse dial from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      40mm. The 42 has the reverse dial from this one.
                      It's too bad that it feels so chunky on the wrist. I guess that's probably typical of all mechanical chronos, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                        It's too bad that it feels so chunky on the wrist. I guess that's probably typical of all mechanical chronos, though.
                        That’s why I jumped on my new Sinn with a Lemania movement. Being hand-wound cuts down on the bulk.

Comment

Decided the new strap looked better on an old piece.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                            New to me eBay pick up. Vintage Oris handwind.

Really nice, congrats!! How vintage is it actually? Did you have to service it? I wish there as many manual wind movements today, as there are automatic.

Comment

Best guess would be 1960s-1970s. It allegedly came oiled, etc. For the $10 or so I paid, i’m Fine to wait and find out.

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                              Really nice, congrats!! How vintage is it actually? Did you have to service it? I wish there as many manual wind movements today, as there are automatic.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                                Best guess would be 1960s-1970s. It allegedly came oiled, etc. For the $10 or so I paid, i’m Fine to wait and find out.
                                $10?

I would warn you that Oris's are often franken'd/refinished from foreign vendors online, but for that price? Who cares. Great buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X