Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The AlpinerX timing the grub...
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

    Comment




      I found a preowned version with the Lemania movement. Soo enamored with this thing right now!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment





        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          @Loafer2 Liking the look of that Sinn!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post


            I found a preowned version with the Lemania movement. Soo enamored with this thing right now!


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Wow. Nice piece.

            Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

            Comment


              Simple but I love it.

              Orient 2nd generation Bambino version 3.

              Comment


                Just took delivery of a new vanilla Speedmaster Professional after selling my Tintin earlier. Liked the Tintin but decided I would prefer the classic as a long-term member of my collection.

                But Jiminy H. Cricket, what was Omega thinking with that presentation box. It is the size of a small country.
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post


                  I found a preowned version with the Lemania movement. Soo enamored with this thing right now!
                  Lovely!
                  Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Just took delivery of a new vanilla Speedmaster Professional after selling my Tintin earlier. Liked the Tintin but decided I would prefer the classic as a long-term member of my collection.

                    But Jiminy H. Cricket, what was Omega thinking with that presentation box. It is the size of a small country.
                    On leather until I can resize the bracelet.



                    Having owned this watch in numerous iterations (Tintin, FOIS, vanilla) I will say at this point I think the vanilla is probably the best. Tintin is different and fun but the red made it a hard watch to pair with straps and changed the character of the watch (plus the dial color/texture was slightly different, darker black with more of a sheen to it). FOIS also had a bit of a different character to it with the polished metal hands and applied logo, plus the sapphire crystal gave more of a sterile overall appearance to the watch. To me the FOIS felt rather cold, and I never really bonded with it despite it being a very handsome piece.

                    The vanilla is in some ways the most boring at first glance but it’s just got that unmistakable “Moonwatch” look and presence to it - clean white stick hands and print, ever-so-slightly off-white lume, a multi-dimensional dial that is almost more charcoal than black, the bubbly acrylic crystal that gives the watch its vintage shape/presence and lends a certain gooey warmth to the dial.

                    I owned my Tintin for several years. Flipped the FOIS after barely 1-2 months. I think the vanilla is on track to stick around at least as long as the Tintin, perhaps longer.
                    Ben

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      On leather until I can resize the bracelet.



                      Having owned this watch in numerous iterations (Tintin, FOIS, vanilla) I will say at this point I think the vanilla is probably the best. Tintin is different and fun but the red made it a hard watch to pair with straps and changed the character of the watch (plus the dial color/texture was slightly different, darker black with more of a sheen to it). FOIS also had a bit of a different character to it with the polished metal hands and applied logo, plus the sapphire crystal gave more of a sterile overall appearance to the watch. To me the FOIS felt rather cold, and I never really bonded with it despite it being a very handsome piece.

                      The vanilla is in some ways the most boring at first glance but it’s just got that unmistakable “Moonwatch” look and presence to it - clean white stick hands and print, ever-so-slightly off-white lume, a multi-dimensional dial that is almost more charcoal than black, the bubbly acrylic crystal that gives the watch its vintage shape/presence and lends a certain gooey warmth to the dial.

                      I owned my Tintin for several years. Flipped the FOIS after barely 1-2 months. I think the vanilla is on track to stick around at least as long as the Tintin, perhaps longer.
                      Interesting perspective--I've also never heard of the moonwatch/pro called the vanilla.

                      Was your issue with the FOIS mainly the lack of hesalite crystal? I always thought that the alpha hands were a nice touch on the FOIS. Any thoughts on the slightly reduced size (39-40mm versus 42mm)?

                      Comment


                        Picked up a watch yesterday which I’ve been looking at for awhile now. Used watch shop near me had one that was 4 year old with stickers still on it. Saved me about $2k vs buying a brand new one.

                        Edit: Just realized I forgot to remove the stickers on the side of the case. You can see them if you look carefully.




                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Vicious49; January 3, 2019, 11:31 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                          Beauty!!! This week while traveling this week, I got a complement on my Invicta copy of this sort of look. The person acted as if it was your Rolex. If they only knew it was just one of DocDave’s cast-offs Hahahaha
                          I've heard the reverse recently. One of the guys in our red bar group who owns Pateks which cost more than my house said someone complimented him on his Invicta! So he was wearing a Patek and someone thought it was an Invicta.

                          Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                          [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/879d826c5811c7d1f32aa42a9f4aad82.jpg/IMG]

                          I found a preowned version with the Lemania movement. Soo enamored with this thing right now!
                          I like that it has Tritium markers. You still own that 3572.50? Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of that one.

                          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          On leather until I can resize the bracelet.

                          [img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49202855_10100515832769195_6163324648680325120_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=a4f8f485bf5efde5b23129df744e463f&oe=5CCD14 64/img]

                          Having owned this watch in numerous iterations (Tintin, FOIS, vanilla) I will say at this point I think the vanilla is probably the best. Tintin is different and fun but the red made it a hard watch to pair with straps and changed the character of the watch (plus the dial color/texture was slightly different, darker black with more of a sheen to it). FOIS also had a bit of a different character to it with the polished metal hands and applied logo, plus the sapphire crystal gave more of a sterile overall appearance to the watch. To me the FOIS felt rather cold, and I never really bonded with it despite it being a very handsome piece.

                          The vanilla is in some ways the most boring at first glance but it’s just got that unmistakable “Moonwatch” look and presence to it - clean white stick hands and print, ever-so-slightly off-white lume, a multi-dimensional dial that is almost more charcoal than black, the bubbly acrylic crystal that gives the watch its vintage shape/presence and lends a certain gooey warmth to the dial.

                          I owned my Tintin for several years. Flipped the FOIS after barely 1-2 months. I think the vanilla is on track to stick around at least as long as the Tintin, perhaps longer.
                          The Speedy is one of the most versatile watches. It works with almost any strap. The Polar may be the only one that I've come across that is more versatile (strap wise). I don't have a Speedy right now as the 42mm started to feel a bit large to me but I may come back around to it at some point.

                          Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                          Interesting perspective--I've also never heard of the moonwatch/pro called the vanilla.

                          Was your issue with the FOIS mainly the lack of hesalite crystal? I always thought that the alpha hands were a nice touch on the FOIS. Any thoughts on the slightly reduced size (39-40mm versus 42mm)?
                          My main issue with the FOIS is that it has 19mm lugs. It's the same reason I got rid of my Zenith El Primero. It makes it tough for me to wear it on various straps. I own so many 20mm straps that I'm trying to stick to 20mm lugs now if possible. The Alpha hands are nice but they disappear at times so not as legible as the Speedy.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                            Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

                            Classic beauties - congrats fellas!
                            Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                            Comment


                              Brass Helson for me today...

                              Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Picked up a watch yesterday which I’ve been looking at for awhile now. Used watch shop near me had one that was 4 year old with stickers still on it. Saved me about $2k vs buying a brand new one.

                                Edit: Just realized I forgot to remove the stickers on the side of the case. You can see them if you look carefully.




                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Love me a roulette date wheel
                                Ben

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X