This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    Ha! It's just "reverso-ing" in that pic... flipping from the dial side to the caseback side (which, by design, protects the crystal when playing polo - or in my case, reaching deep in file drawers).
    Wow, I've never seen that on a watch before. Very cool!

Comment

trying a khaki nato on my alpinist, much cheaper than the oyster bracelet I've been eyeing for it

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
        They figured out how to do the Pepsi on the ceramic bezel, so that could be another option for your friend. It won’t have the “charm” of the older version fading to pink, but I wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear the new version.
        Lolz. If he can’t find a Batman he’s definitely not going to find a stainless Pepsi. Those are marked up to about $18,000 when you can even find them from grey dealers... long waitlists from ADs.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Lolz. If he can’t find a Batman he’s definitely not going to find a stainless Pepsi. Those are marked up to about $18,000 when you can even find them from grey dealers... long waitlists from ADs.
          I haven’t been looking at new Rolexes, so my info is only from their website. This is what I have my eye on for my next piece:

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Si...trap-p2082.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Beautiful!

Comment

What watch I wore today

Laco Type B.

Laco was one of the few watchmakers who were contracted by the German Luftwaffe in WW2. They were one of the pioneers of the “pilots watch”.

This watch is a modern re-release by Laco of the Type-B watch made during this time for flight navigators.

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post

trying a khaki nato on my alpinist, much cheaper than the oyster bracelet I've been eyeing for it
                Really digging this combo. [emoji106]

Dressed down the Longines while working from home today:

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post

Laco Type B.

Laco was one of the few watchmakers who were contracted by the German Luftwaffe in WW2. They were one of the pioneers of the “pilots watch”.

This watch is a modern re-release by Laco of the Type-B watch made during this time for flight navigators.

Love the traditional pilots. enjoy!
                  Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Hamilton Khaki Chrono today...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT. Just arrived yesterday from Deutschland

Comment

Getting antsy AF for my new OP so I picked up something fun and (relatively) inexpensive to fill the void in the meantime

Ben

Comment

Getting antsy AF for my new OP so I picked up something fun and (relatively) inexpensive to fill the void in the meantime

that looks much better surrounded like that than just on a bare wrist. always thought it was a bit busy but that looks works.

Comment

My watch all weekend on a camping trip...

https://i.imgur.com/qsILDNQ.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              that looks much better surrounded like that than just on a bare wrist. always thought it was a bit busy but that looks works.
                              My favorite thing about this watch is how legible it is despite being such a busy dial. When you look at it from more than a foot away the extra “stuff” on the dial melts into the background and all you can really see are the hands, the 12 and 6 markers, and (to a lesser degree) the other hour markers.

I think I’ll give this one to my brother once the honeymoon is over, since he is way into the Blue Angels (we both grew up where we saw them practicing frequently).
                              Ben

Comment

My favorite thing about this watch is how legible it is despite being such a busy dial. When you look at it from more than a foot away the extra “stuff” on the dial melts into the background and all you can really see are the hands, the 12 and 6 markers, and (to a lesser degree) the other hour markers.

I think I’ll give this one to my brother once the honeymoon is over, since he is way into the Blue Angels (we both grew up where we saw them practicing frequently).
                                good observation. prominent hands, hour markers, and numbers pop to the forefront.

Comment

Working...
                                X