This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    I appreciate the comments - this is a fun thread. Love the variety.

The sterile pilot started with a Parnis case, then a watch buddy sourced an xtal, dial, handset and swan neck movement to pull it all together. Nothing fancy, but I like it.
    ha. so nothing is stock?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      ha. so nothing is stock?
      Nope, not as is. This one was assembled with individually-sourced parts.
      Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Wearing the deco diver just in case I need to scuba dive down several hundred feet in my clothes this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
          Sterile manual-wind pilot today...

Wow. Lovely watch. Love the simplicity of it, not to mention the open caseback.

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
            Wearing the deco diver just in case I need to scuba dive down several hundred feet in my clothes this afternoon.
            I'm doing the same. Wearing a Hamilton Khaki Scuba on a shark mesh bracelet today. (Just received this one from LesserBlackDog. Thanks LBD!)

Comment

Gotta say. I think I've found my one watch.

Rolex Submariner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Gotta say. I think I've found my one watch.

Rolex Submariner
                If I had one of those...I think that I'd wear it every day.

Having said that...I think that the proper outfit for that watch with that strap is a white dinner jacket and a scuba diving outfit....

Comment

Tag Heuer Aquaracer
                  Last edited by TMann; November 4, 2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Bell & Ross BR 123 GMT

Comment

Comment

Figured I'd bring some class to this thread.

Kidding aside, it is my cheapest watch, but I love the Hell out of it. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                          Figured I'd bring some class to this thread.

Kidding aside, it is my cheapest watch, but I love the Hell out of it. haha
                          How much punishment have you put hat thing through? I have been tempted to grab one for yardwork etc.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            How much punishment have you put hat thing through? I have been tempted to grab one for yardwork etc.
                            I've worn it for about 3-years now, for all of times that I've had to do tasks that I didnt want to ruin a better watch. I actually had it on yesterday while winterizing and covering my pool, and doing other yardwork. It's held up pretty well. It does have one big scratch across the lens, it's made out of plastic, but it is hardly noticeable, except at just the right angle. I only paid, I think $20-25 at Target at the time, and it's been well worth it imo. They can usually be found at any given time on eBay for even cheaper than that. The battery has held up all of that time also. When it dies, I will most likely just trash it and get another.

Comment

*in addition* It wears super light on the wrist, I don't even know it is there when I am wearing it, which is nice when doing work. It is super easy to read and the Indiglo and alarm functions come in really handy.

Comment

New one-watch contender, courtesy of [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] and his culling the watch herd.
                                Last edited by AngusM; November 5, 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X