X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arête View Post

My new Steinhart OVM 39.
    Really digging that strap with that watch. Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
      I don’t think any amount of bulking is going to make a 45mm (52mm lug to lug!) watch look reasonable on him (or anyone.)
      Ahnold? Andre the Giant if he were still around. John Cena also, but you can't see him, so not sure how a watch will look on his wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
        Ahnold? Andre the Giant if he were still around. John Cena also, but you can't see him, so not sure how a watch will look on his wrist.
        I'll concede you have a point. Huge guys can pull off bigger watches. But those are some serious GAINZ

Comment

Since Turtles appear to be in the news and I’m wearing mine. Which isn’t unusual. This watch and strap combo has been my everyday wear for last few months.

I didn’t realize I had big wrists till I got interested in watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post
            Since Turtles appear to be in the news and I’m wearing mine. Which isn’t unusual. This watch and strap combo has been my everyday wear for last few months.

I didn’t realize I had big wrists till I got interested in watches.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
              I don’t think any amount of bulking is going to make a 45mm (52mm lug to lug!) watch look reasonable on him (or anyone.)
              Sigh. I know. It looks so perfect, but it wears so damn big. Guess it's going back...

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                Sigh. I know. It looks so perfect, but it wears so damn big. Guess it's going back...
                If you want something that's an original design with some historical cachet, reasonably priced, and NOT huge, I'd take a look at Hamilton's Khaki Field watches. Reference H69429931 is super sexy... hard to find much below retail (which is $475) but you may be able to get a discount if you order from a retailer like Topper Fine Jewelers. Hamilton sells a bunch of different dial colors, sizes, strap styles, and movement types including hand-winding, automatic, and quartz depending on what you are looking for. There are plenty of options in the 38-40mm range for those of us with smaller wrists. Most are priced around $500 or cheaper.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  If you want something that's an original design with some historical cachet, reasonably priced, and NOT huge, I'd take a look at Hamilton's Khaki Field watches. Reference H69429931 is super sexy... hard to find much below retail (which is $475) but you may be able to get a discount if you order from a retailer like Topper Fine Jewelers. Hamilton sells a bunch of different dial colors, sizes, strap styles, and movement types including hand-winding, automatic, and quartz depending on what you are looking for. There are plenty of options in the 38-40mm range for those of us with smaller wrists. Most are priced around $500 or cheaper.
                  I am with [MENTION=11125]burban[/MENTION] though...I want a speedy itch scratched but cant afford a speedy. There are a lot of vintage seikos that do it pretty well though. That moonwatch was hard for me to pass up as well. It has historical context and looks good. Just too big for my tiny wrist. Especially with the pronounced crystal edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post
                    Debut of the Geckota flieger today - the grey dial is really something to behold. Very happy with this, especially with the grey getting a nice discount last week.

That's such I great value watch! I've got the blue type-b ETA and it is so nice!

Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Nodus Contrail on grey suede

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                        Or just keep it and own the bigness. It is such a cool midcentury case, it’s a shame to think about it going back...
                        Mark

Comment

The manual wind Reverso Classique today...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Sweeeeeet watch man.

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                            The manual wind Reverso Classique today...

Comment

Love this watch

I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post

Love this watch

What is that silver disk right above Automatic on the dial?

Comment

Working...
                                X