• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
      New to me Hamilton Khaki Auto via [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

Wears bigger than it’s 40mm size because of long lugs, but I think i’m Pulling it off even on my diminutive wrists.

Looks good. Thats one of my favorite Hamilton field models.

Comment

Alpina GMT today...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Liking the look of that Bell and Ross model.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Liking the look of that Bell and Ross model.
            Thanks. I realize that I should have rotated the pic!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Trying to decide if I will sell this one. It is so cool but sooooo big on me. #tinywristproblems

Silly question...is that the regular Seiko "Turtle"? Been looking at the "Mini Turtle" lately. Better size for us guys with small wrists.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                Silly question...is that the regular Seiko "Turtle"? Been looking at the "Mini Turtle" lately. Better size for us guys with small wrists.
                Yep, this is a standard Turtle... specifically the SRPA85, a Costco exclusive model (basically an SRP779 on bracelet).

The mini Turtle does not appeal to me. I don’t love the aesthetics and it lacks the historical design lineage of the real Turtle or even the SKX007 for that matter. Plus the crown at 3 o’clock looks like a pain, literally.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Yep, this is a standard Turtle... specifically the SRPA85, a Costco exclusive model (basically an SRP779 on bracelet).

The mini Turtle does not appeal to me. I don’t love the aesthetics and it lacks the historical design lineage of the real Turtle or even the SKX007 for that matter. Plus the crown at 3 o’clock looks like a pain, literally.
                  3 oclock is a bummer. I wish they wouldnt have called it a mini turtle. It would be an interesting watch on its own right.

Comment

Comment

Picked this up thanks to the “Budget Non-Seiko/Orient/Timex Watches” thread (h/t [MENTION=16314]motosacto[/MENTION]). I’ve been lusting after a Speedy for a while, but couldn’t justify the price to myself. This, for 1/10th of the price, fits what I was looking for. My only hesitation is it is about as big as I’d ever want to go for a watch. I’ll see how I adjust to it.

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                        Picked this up thanks to the “Budget Non-Seiko/Orient/Timex Watches” thread (h/t [MENTION=16314]motosacto[/MENTION]). I’ve been lusting after a Speedy for a while, but couldn’t justify the price to myself. This, for 1/10th of the price, fits what I was looking for. My only hesitation is it is about as big as I’d ever want to go for a watch. I’ll see how I adjust to it.

That's a nice watch but honestly it does look too big on your wrist. But keep the watch, bulk your forearms/wrist to fit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          That's a nice watch but honestly it does look too big on your wrist. But keep the watch, bulk your forearms/wrist to fit it!
                          I don’t think any amount of bulking is going to make a 45mm (52mm lug to lug!) watch look reasonable on him (or anyone.)

Comment

My new Steinhart OVM 39.

Comment

Steinhart does make nice watches IMHO. Well done.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, I know they make homage watches and there is that whole conversation...but it was either going to be this or the Seiko SKX, and I liked the specs/looks on this watch better. I'm hoping to get a Speedmaster in the late Spring, so this will be my "beater" dive watch to accompany that. I'm the type of person that would never take a really nice dive watch (seamaster, submariner) near water :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X