This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Oh No Van Gogh! It's a Virginia ham! Was a very good, balanced drink, was afraid it was going to be a little sweet because of the smoked peach syrup, but they used it sparingly and it was very good.

Yeah dude, I used the SNKK25 as the base since that one is a little bigger at 39mm and has 20mm lug width which works with most of the straps I have.
    oh,s weet. the lug size has held me back.

Comment

1030am breakfast cocktails at Cosmopolitan's Vesper bar. Vesper was good, bartender's creation based on my smoky/bitter leanings was amazing. Ardberg, botanical gin, Spanish fortified wine, and Luxardo bitters.

Last edited by Nandyn; October 19, 2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Trying to decide if I will sell this one. It is so cool but sooooo big on me. #tinywristproblems

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Trying to decide if I will sell this one. It is so cool but sooooo big on me. #tinywristproblems

Yeah, I want the gilt version but they are too big for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
            Yeah, I want the gilt version but they are too big for me too.
            What’s wild is that the case is so well-designed that despite being so huge and heavy, it is actually very comfortable to wear. More comfortable by far than a 40mm Maxi case Rolex. When they say “cushion case” they mean it.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              What’s wild is that the case is so well-designed that despite being so huge and heavy, it is actually very comfortable to wear. More comfortable by far than a 40mm Maxi case Rolex. When they say “cushion case” they mean it.
              Yeah, I tried one on and was surprised. almost bought it. as soon as I took it off I was like "yeah, thats too big". Which totally makes no sense. But yeah.

Comment

Seiko makes a similar watch to the Turtle that's a little smaller https://www.amazon.com/PROSPEX-Turtl.../dp/B078W2RQMN

The PADI version is pretty cool with that wavy dial https://www.amazon.com/PROSPEX-Turtl.../dp/B078W2WFH5

Comment

It's Monday...back to the grind

Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime
                  Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                    OMG, what a cool thing to have. Besides being a cool watch, the source makes it all the more special. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks. Awful way to come into a Rolex but... I dropped it off with Rolex yesterday for a way-overdue overhaul. The serial number puts it at around 1970.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                      Seiko makes a similar watch to the Turtle that's a little smaller https://www.amazon.com/PROSPEX-Turtl.../dp/B078W2RQMN

The PADI version is pretty cool with that wavy dial https://www.amazon.com/PROSPEX-Turtl.../dp/B078W2WFH5
                      I need to see what size dial that takes. I wouldnt mind converting one to gilt.

Comment

Ben

Comment

Debut of the Geckota flieger today - the grey dial is really something to behold. Very happy with this, especially with the grey getting a nice discount last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post
                            Debut of the Geckota flieger today - the grey dial is really something to behold. Very happy with this, especially with the grey getting a nice discount last week.

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post

That's a great looking watching! I was looking at type b fliegers last week. One of the characters in The Man in the High Castle wears one, and it caught my eye. The color of the dial along with the blue on the hands is very nice.

Comment

New to me Hamilton Khaki Auto via [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

Wears bigger than it’s 40mm size because of long lugs, but I think i’m Pulling it off even on my diminutive wrists.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                                Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                                --Jason Isbell

Comment

Working...
                                X