This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/e425c45e6cbe2a8464726967b8543b74.jpg[/IMG

Sticking with the Explorer II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just picked that watch back up. I had it, sold it, missed it, so bought another one. I don't think it's going anywhere this time. That and my Sub are keepers. Which means I only have 2 slots open since I try to stick to a 4 watch rotation now. The Zenith 146 Heritage is currently occupying the 3rd slot. I will be getting a very special and limited piece on Friday. Any guesses? It has green in it and is not the Hulk or Kermit.

I do still need to sell my Explorer and Mark XV though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I just picked that watch back up. I had it, sold it, missed it, so bought another one. I don't think it's going anywhere this time. That and my Sub are keepers. Which means I only have 2 slots open since I try to stick to a 4 watch rotation now. The Zenith 146 Heritage is currently occupying the 3rd slot. I will be getting a very special and limited piece on Friday. Any guesses? It has green in it and is not the Hulk or Kermit.

I do still need to sell my Explorer and Mark XV though.
      Hmm, Grand Seiko GMT?
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Hmm, Grand Seiko GMT?
        Are there Grand Seikos that have green?

Limited, green, think British . . .

Comment

Are there Grand Seikos that have green?
          Um, yes?

Ben

Comment

Comment

Is that in the 39 or 41mm case?
              Ben

Comment

Is that in the 39 or 41mm case?
                Unfortunately it's the bigger one. I wish it was the new smaller case as that would be perfect for my wrist.

Comment

Um, yes?
                  Ugh that GMT HiBeat Limited Edition... I had an opportunity to buy one at retail and didn't pull the trigger, right when it came out. Regretting not doing so, such a cool/unique dial and color combo.

Comment

I just picked that watch back up. I had it, sold it, missed it, so bought another one. I don't think it's going anywhere this time. That and my Sub are keepers.
                    Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at with a Speedy thrown in there. The rotation that I have in place now is good and I'm just content to sit back and watch what all you guys are doing.

What year/version of the Explorer II did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at with a Speedy thrown in there. The rotation that I have in place now is good and I'm just content to sit back and watch what all you guys are doing.

What year/version of the Explorer II did you get?
                      I picked up another P serial as that has a combination of holes case with SELs.

Comment

I think I'm gonna sell my Datejust and my Omega Speedmaster Racing, use the money to have my Explorer II serviced, and pick up the Tudor Fifty-Eight early next year sometime. Just wish it had a date, but it seems I am settling on watches that don't have a date. (Nomos Orion, Omega Speedmaster Tintin, and Tudor BB36 are the watches that seem to have the most staying power of my higher-end watches.)

Also tempted to re-aquire a 34mm Rolex OP, with a white or champagne dial this time.
                        Ben

Comment

Triumph on wrist today

Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime
                          Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Pulled out the Planet Ocean for the first time in a while.

Comment

Orient Esteem on a homemade navy suede band.

Comment

Brasso Helson Shark Diver for Friday. I never have to worry about babying this watch...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Working...
                                X