X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40mm-geckota-k1-l03-b-type

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
    Three words: Do. Not. Hesitate.

The quality of this thing absolutely blew me away. I originally bought it because I wanted a fun Type-B Flieger, and for just north of $500 with an ETA (they have plenty of coupon codes), I assumed I'd get a decent watch. What I received was something that is outstandingly finished. The Type-B dials all have thermally-blued hands (Type-A have chamfered rhodium handsets). The case is a mixture of radial & horizontal brushing, polishing (bezel & chamfered lugs), and some minor sand blasting on the case back. Add to that a pretty decent movement and you have a killer package.

Seriously - I'd put this very close to my Monta Triumph in terms of finishing. It's that good.

Really liking that, though I would be happier with the seiko movement pricepoint (about $250). Do they flip back and forth between the two movements, or are the strictly ETA now?

Comment

Originally posted by mrage View Post
      Really liking that, though I would be happier with the seiko movement pricepoint (about $250). Do they flip back and forth between the two movements, or are the strictly ETA now?
      I think they are trying to really drive a value proposition and compete with some of the other more established microbrands. There's a video on YouTube of the founders explaining the new design of the K1. Essentially, they are a couple of watch collectors who started making watches as a spin-off of their passion. They wanted to deliver the most value and the highest quality they could muster, and that led to the new design. The older K1s were substantially thicker - borderline too thick for a pilot's watch - which was the biggest complaint they received.

Sent using Tapatalk
      Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Continuing the Flieger theme with the Maratac Mid on a custom olive strap

Sent using Tapatalk
        Last edited by jwwilker; September 14, 2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Rolex 14060.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Triumph to kick off the work week! Happy Monday, everyone!

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Speedmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Speedmaster.

Sexy!

Comment

Tuesdays mean one thing

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          is that the dial from ajuicet or whatever his name is? and those hands...source?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            is that the dial from ajuicet or whatever his name is? and those hands...source?
                            It sure is! The 3'o clock grey sunburst. I replaced the 3/6/9 indices from my junked dagaz dial (that extra 5% C3 makes a really big difference in brightness!) and scratched/marred the dial in the process since I was impatient/rushing for no reason. Oh well.

And the H/M hands are from dragon shroud mods, trident from yobokies, knocked out the lume from the spear head... Although now I kind of wish I had knocked it out from the shaft instead, but I still like it.
                            Last edited by Nandyn; September 20, 2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

The Evant Decodiver. As someone that doesn’t always get to an automatic watch to wind it or wear it again before it runs out, I’m really enjoying the no date option. Clean Dial look as well.

Comment

[MENTION=15867]carlitos[/MENTION] I hear you on the whole date thing. I have several automatic watches with a date window. Quite often when I decide to wear the watch I won't bother setting the date. I can't see the date without my glasses on anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X