This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    This little baby. Acquired via [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION], much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Glad you're still enjoying it. That watch really does outperform it's price point. You can't understand until you see one in person.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Wearing my new favorite watch. Thanks for nothing, Hodinkee. :-|

SS jacket, BB suit, Paul Smith tie (via Mr. Porter sale), Goodfellow chinos, Nordstrom 1901 chukkas, Casio watch.
      I don't _need_ this watch, but tempting after the above, the Hodinkee article, etc. The one with the green background is $38 from Casio and gives it something special... hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by forcemajeure View Post
        Cool Geckota flieger...but the last time I checked it was ~$300 and now it's $571.22?!!?!? Gah.
        The new version is a much different watch. ETA 2824-2 movement (the old one used a Seiko nh35), thinner case, much much better attention to detail, thermally-blued hands (on the type-b). This watch with any other name on the sticker would easily retail for $750-1000.

Sent using Tapatalk
        Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

welp so my just barely one year old rolex explorer somehow developed a problem with manual winding after wearing it on sat. instead of the smooth faint clicking, I get what feels like nail scratching on sandpaper (gritty). still runs fine (I think) and as soon as the power reserve is exhausted off to the boutique I go.

Comment

Monta Triumph on a B&R Bands Vintage Oak strap to kick off this week!

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
              welp so my just barely one year old rolex explorer somehow developed a problem with manual winding after wearing it on sat. instead of the smooth faint clicking, I get what feels like nail scratching on sandpaper (gritty). still runs fine (I think) and as soon as the power reserve is exhausted off to the boutique I go.
              Yikes! Sorry to hear that. So what's the plan? Off to authorized repair? If it is less than 1a old it should be covered, no?

Comment

Watch band is matchy-matchy today.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                  Yikes! Sorry to hear that. So what's the plan? Off to authorized repair? If it is less than 1a old it should be covered, no?
                  So I took a half day off and went to the RSC on Fifth ave (really on 53rd) to get it looked at. Was told that it (the hairspring?) somehow got magnetized and was fixed by simply placing on a demagnetizer. Not sure how magnetization would happen overnight, although I can't remember where I placed it that night but it's not like I set it on a magnet. oh well, I bought the watch new last year so I still have 4 years of warranty left.

On a side note, the folks that work their are really professional and courteous. I was in an out in 30 minutes which I guess is OK considering there was no real repair needed. I've never been to any watch service center before but it sure was better experience than getting my car maintenance done at dealerships.

also given a no-frills felt pouch to carry to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                    So I took a half day off and went to the RSC on Fifth ave (really on 53rd) to get it looked at. Was told that it (the hairspring?) somehow got magnetized and was fixed by simply placing on a demagnetizer. Not sure how magnetization would happen overnight, although I can't remember where I placed it that night but it's not like I set it on a magnet. oh well, I bought the watch new last year so I still have 4 years of warranty left.
                    You'd be surprised at how easily you can magnitize a watch. Certain electronics, airplanes, and even magnetic collar stays are all notorious.

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
                      You'd be surprised at how easily you can magnitize a watch. Certain electronics, airplanes, and even magnetic collar stays are all notorious.
                      Also [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION]

I suspect this is the culprit

Comment

The cheap Chinese demagnetizers on Amazon are worth it. I’ve used mine 2 or 3 times and it only cost $10. You can’t possibly mess up your watch with one and it seems like the first thing any repair shop will check.

Lots of lume on my new deco-diver.

Comment

Congrats on the easy fix [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION]. Glad to hear everything worked out in your favour.

Comment

This was a new brand from Ireland on kick starter. TOC Ulysses watch is 36 mm and hand wound. I really like the texture on the dial and the small blue seconds hand. Apparently, so does my cat.

Comment

I'm really digging this one...

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

There are so many details in this watch, it's easy to get lost in it...

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X