• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowflake on a gator strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

And part of the reason why I was able to sell my Invicta 9402 II to [MENTION=14984]jays0n[/MENTION]...

Explorer II in the morning light.

Ahhhhh that would do it yes I am sure you will never miss the Invicta. I’ll work up to this same upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
        Is it possible to buff out scratches or scuffs on watch lugs/bracelets? Or am I better off learning 'embrace the character' of it?
        I leave them. If you want to buff it most metal polish works. Cheesecloth is pretty mild. Like [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] said, you will just get more and keep taking off metal as you polish. If you want to sell it int he future maybe buff it up some.

Comment

Swapped out the old planet ocean style dial for an explorer style dial in my modded Invicta.

Comment

Blue lagoon samurai got some time out on a short trip to Canada. This is Fifty Point Conservation Area, right off the QEW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
              Blue lagoon samurai got some time out on a short trip to Canada. This is Fifty Point Conservation Area, right off the QEW.

Love the shape/angles on those lugs!

Comment

Rolex Submariner 14060 on a NATO.

Comment

Rolex Submariner 14060 on a NATO.

Love that strap. Brand?
                  We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Mmm... timely. I've been feeling the black and blue (and ideally also red but you know, I'll take what I can get) vibe but no variety of GMT Master is in my watch budget right now. The new Tudor GMT looks awesome but is too big and chunky for me (having previously owned and very quickly sold a Black Bay Blue), and I don't want a straight up homage/copy a la the new 39mm Steinhart GMT.

So I've got this incoming, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. 40mm case, 20mm lugs, and I've read the lume is actually decent, which would be a change from most Hamiltons IME. The design is mostly modern-looking but I like the vintage-Omega-Seamaster-esque pie-slice indices.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                        Love that strap. Brand?
                        You can get a seatbelt weave version for $8 here: https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...=8862604099683

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          Mmm... timely. I've been feeling the black and blue (and ideally also red but you know, I'll take what I can get) vibe but no variety of GMT Master is in my watch budget right now. The new Tudor GMT looks awesome but is too big and chunky for me (having previously owned and very quickly sold a Black Bay Blue), and I don't want a straight up homage/copy a la the new 39mm Steinhart GMT.

So I've got this incoming, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. 40mm case, 20mm lugs, and I've read the lume is actually decent, which would be a change from most Hamiltons IME. The design is mostly modern-looking but I like the vintage-Omega-Seamaster-esque pie-slice indices.

Pretty sweet looking hammy there chief

Comment

[MENTION=14885]APinNC[/MENTION] I'm not sure the brand. I was in a local watch shop looking for a NATO strap and this is one of the ones he had in stock. I've bought from NATOs from Crown and Buckle before along with Clockwork Synergy. Both have treated me well.

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Do you still own the Explorer II GMT? That Hamilton you purchased sure looks nice.

[MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] Very nice! What year is the Pepsi GMT? Did you swap out the original strap for the NATO or did it come with the NATO strap?

Comment

[MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] Very nice! What year is the Pepsi GMT? Did you swap out the original strap for the NATO or did it come with the NATO strap?
                              1999, model 16710. I swap out the bracelet for a cheap NATO strap in the summer. I have a few different colors, but I have settled on this as my favorite. The bracelet gets a little hot when the heat an md humidity both hit 95.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Do you still own the Explorer II GMT? That Hamilton you purchased sure looks nice.
                                Still have my Explorer II... it’s been having some issues so I haven’t been wearing it and haven’t gotten around to getting it serviced yet. Can’t decide whether to send it to RSC or to a reputable third party like Nesbit’s.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X