This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Hey man do you have a shot of your collection altogether? You got some nice pieces there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Here's most of it. There are a few pieces not pictured. I'm going to be getting rid of a few things to make way for a couple of new additions.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

This watch is so photogenic

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful collection [MENTION=11347]jwwilker[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
          Beautiful collection [MENTION=11347]jwwilker[/MENTION]
          Thank you, sir!

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
            Here's most of it. There are a few pieces not pictured. I'm going to be getting rid of a few things to make way for a couple of new additions.

Sent using Tapatalk
            Lovely.

Comment

So- this is not my watch but a cool story I had to share with everyone.

This watch belongs to my wife’s grandfather. Here is the story-

He purchased the watch on June 8, 1970 in Lucerne, Switzerland at a “Gubelin” shop. The purchase price was $99.00

He had it engraved shortly after “6/8/1970” and his first initial and last name.

He has worn it as his primary watch ever since.

In 1980, while skiing the Elk Camp mountain in Snowmass, Colorado (considered the aspen before aspen became aspen) the watch fell off somewhere between 11,326 ft and 7,730 ft on the 3.7 mile ski trail.

He immediately boarded the ski lift intent on repeating the same run to look for his watch. Amazingly enough, half way down the run, there was the watch on top of the snow.

It has been serviced once approximately 25 years ago as the crown no longer would wind.

Obviously the watch has seen better days cosmetically, but after hearing the story, it would be so cool to wear something like this someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post

He purchased the watch on June 8, 1970 in Lucerne, Switzerland at a “Gubelin” shop. The purchase price was $99.00

He had it engraved shortly after “6/8/1970” and his first initial and last name.

In 1980, while skiing the Elk Camp mountain in Snowmass, Colorado (considered the aspen before aspen became aspen) the watch fell off somewhere between 11,326 ft and 7,730 ft on the 3.7 mile ski trail.

He immediately boarded the ski lift intent on repeating the same run to look for his watch. Amazingly enough, half way down the run, there was the watch on top of the snow.

It has been serviced once approximately 25 years ago as the crown no longer would wind.

Obviously the watch has seen better days cosmetically, but after hearing the story, it would be so cool to wear something like this someday.

that watch is perfect

Comment

Me want
                  Ben

Comment

The most accurate watch I got for Sundays.

Comment

Dang man that's a coll story, can't believe he got it for 99 bucks

Comment

State of the Union with the newest edition for my SO’s birthday. Relatively easy to figure out which one, but it’s a crowd pleaser—or at least the crowd of 1 that matters most. She picked it out after enduring many watch shopping trips with me.

Also fairly certain that [MENTION=11347]jwwilker[/MENTION] and I have the same watch box...

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post

State of the Union with the newest edition for my SO’s birthday. Relatively easy to figure out which one, but it’s a crowd pleaser—or at least the crowd of 1 that matters most. She picked it out after enduring many watch shopping trips with me.

Also fairly certain that [MENTION=11347]jwwilker[/MENTION] and I have the same watch box...

Wolf? It's a great box...only one I've found that keeps my watches from moving around

Sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
                            Wolf? It's a great box...only one I've found that keeps my watches from moving around

Sent using Tapatalk
                            Yes sir. My only regret is getting the 10 slot box... makes me want to fill it, which is a pricey proposition

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              The most accurate watch I got for Sundays.
                              Of import here is noting that it's not Beer O'clock, but rather Beer Thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                Of import here is noting that it's not Beer O'clock, but rather Beer Thirty.
                                Yup! It's half past beer, so the fun's already begun.

Comment

Working...
                                X