This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sose View Post
    Man, I actually don't like the new hands. There's something about the old school red one that enamored me.
    If they had kept the older look (incl red va orange) but maxi'd out the dial/hands, then I'd be game. I tried the older version out when looking for my first nicer watch and it just seemed small.

I wonder now, after having worn my SD4k for 18 months or so, if I'd feel any different. Hard to get more bang for your buck Rolex-wise than an Exp II though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=15048]07Rams[/MENTION]! That is a stunning piece! I had never seen that. Is the second hand blue? I wish more watches did that - I feel like it upgrades any watch!

Thanks for sharing!
      Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it! It is blue, indeed. It's modeled after the IWC Portuguese Chronograph - right down to the lettering. It also says it's an automatic, and it's definitely a quartz. It didn't matter to me since I was just looking to try out a dressier chrono, but it matters to some.

It's up to $50 on Amazon, but I got it for like half off using points around New Year's... still going strong (knocks on wood)...

Comment

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post
        Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it! It is blue, indeed. It's modeled after the IWC Portuguese Chronograph - right down to the lettering. It also says it's an automatic, and it's definitely a quartz. It didn't matter to me since I was just looking to try out a dressier chrono, but it matters to some.

It's up to $50 on Amazon, but I got it for like half off using points around New Year's... still going strong (knocks on wood)...
        The fact that it's a quartz but the watch reads Automatic is hilarious to me.

That was a steal. Enjoy it!

Comment

[MENTION=15048]07Rams[/MENTION] Looks awesome dude. Thanks for sharing!
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Wearing a lightly-modded Seiko 009. I replaced the bezel-insert and the bracelet on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
              Can't say that I am. The mechanical component and craftsmanship of watches are the parts I like. Take that away and I'd rather just use my phone which is always by my side.

Oddly enough, my twin brother is the exact opposite of me. Doesn't understand the appeal of mechanical watches but LOVES his apple watch. To each his own I guess.
              I actually prefer the looks of a mechanical watch. This is purely for work and fitness.

If I'm out for social reasons or really any situation where I don't have to be "plugged in" or care to track my steps, I'll wear a mechanical watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Even for $50 that's a good deal! I like it. Definitely a bit sketchy that the description says "automatic" is for decorative purposes... (more like deception) lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                  Even for $50 that's a good deal! I like it. Definitely a bit sketchy that the description says "automatic" is for decorative purposes... (more like deception) lol
                  Oh it's totally sketchy, and the reviews give me the impression that quality control isn't something high up on their priority list. I took a gamble given the points were burning a hole in my pocket, and so far it's worked in my favor. I don't know if I just got lucky, though... either way, the risk was worth it for me.

[MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] It's super silly. Especially because just under the 6 position it states "Quartz". It also says 10 ATM, and there's no way this thing survives any sort of prolonged exposure.

[MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] Thanks, man! It's been good to me so far!

Comment

Patek 5296 today

Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Since we've been encouraged to show off the beaters too... this is my everyday work watch. You can see the abuse it takes (roughly 2 years old) but I liked the way it looked, even more so since I replaced the bracelet (uncomfortable and the black plating started wearing off almost immediately) with the strap you see here.

Comment

Decided to switch after my WIWT today... from Shinola to Hamilton.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by yogi View Post
                          Any other smart watch nerds out there?
                          This is more for function than form.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                          Pebble is my daily driver. Really handy when in the lab to not have to take my gloves completely off in order to see notifications.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Legend Diver

Comment

Legend Diver

what a beater... hahah :-D

I spent the day at an amusement park yesterday with my family. didnt want to wear the Seamaster, so I actually broke back out the white faced Casio EF-305 on a NATO and wore that all day, even though it had a dead battery! haha Felt a little stupid, but it would have been more weird if I didn't have a watch on my wrist at all.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                                what a beater... hahah :-D

I spent the day at an amusement park yesterday with my family. didnt want to wear the Seamaster, so I actually broke back out the white faced Casio EF-305 on a NATO and wore that all day, even though it had a dead battery! haha Felt a little stupid, but it would have been more weird if I didn't have a watch on my wrist at all.
                                I strongly dislike the feeling of my naked wrist.

My beater is my G-Shock 6900. Love that thing. It's what I usually switch to when I get home. I'm about to put up a second G-Shock I have that I don't wear and a Luminox I also don't wear anymore on a bunch of forums. Those are all very solid beaters!

Comment

Working...
                                X