This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
    Nice and frosty!!!! How do you like the snowflake (and springdrive)?
    Yeah how you liking it? Is the spring drive smooth af?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Speedy Tuesday in the sun.

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] nice looking new watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        Speedy Tuesday in the sun.
        Same same

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Same same

I can't let you boys have all the fun!

Sent using Tapatalk
          Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Thoughts on the Snowflake:

- The Snowflake dial is nice but not that impressive to me. In most situations it looks like a regular white dial. If you catch the lighting and angle just right you can see the texture. But even that looks more like parchment paper to me than snow.
            - The Spring Drive does make it sweep with no ticking at all. You never notice the tick on other autos until you see a Spring Drive and then stare at a regular auto.
            - The Spring Drive makes this thing dead accurate. I timed it over 2 days and it was accurate to the second. That is the thing that appeals to me the most.
            - The titanium does make it easy to wear due to how light it is. That being said, I've removed mine from the titanium bracelet and put it on an alligator strap I had.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              Thoughts on the Snowflake:

- The Snowflake dial is nice but not that impressive to me. In most situations it looks like a regular white dial. If you catch the lighting and angle just right you can see the texture. But even that looks more like parchment paper to me than snow.
              - The Spring Drive does make it sweep with no ticking at all. You never notice the tick on other autos until you see a Spring Drive and then stare at a regular auto.
              - The Spring Drive makes this thing dead accurate. I timed it over 2 days and it was accurate to the second. That is the thing that appeals to me the most.
              - The titanium does make it easy to wear due to how light it is. That being said, I've removed mine from the titanium bracelet and put it on an alligator strap I had.
              We really do have a lot of overlap in our taste in watches... Spring Drive really is fascinating from a horological perspective. Something novel and unique to GS and especially cool given the price point.

I really wanted to use Snowflake or other GS SD watch to fill my dress watch slot (thinking I could use for tux / board room formal situations, in addition to regular office wear), but found they were a bit thicker than I was hoping to have when I tried on. Thoughts on that perspective after having worn in a bit?

Comment

I tried a JLC Reverso and a JLC Master Date and those were way too dressy for me. But I also only wear a suit once or twice a year. Dressy for me is a nice shirt and slacks when I go to work. In that respect, the Snowflake fits what I need in a dress watch. I put it on an alligator strap and think it looks more like a 'dress watch' than it did on the bracelet. It is thicker than a true dress watch would be since those JLCs I had were super thin, but those also felt too delicate for my taste. Bear in mind I am still in the honeymoon phase but I have already worn it more times than I did both of those JLCs combined.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    I tried a JLC Reverso and a JLC Master Date and those were way too dressy for me. But I also only wear a suit once or twice a year. Dressy for me is a nice shirt and slacks when I go to work. In that respect, the Snowflake fits what I need in a dress watch. I put it on an alligator strap and think it looks more like a 'dress watch' than it did on the bracelet. It is thicker than a true dress watch would be since those JLCs I had were super thin, but those also felt too delicate for my taste. Bear in mind I am still in the honeymoon phase but I have already worn it more times than I did both of those JLCs combined.
                    Thanks for the input. Totally makes sense in that respect for you size wise. It wasn't that it was too thick, full stop (I wear a SD4k, after all), but just in terms of a true dress watch--at least what I have in my head. I also tried the MUT Moon which was lovely but a bit too small on my larger wrist... Maybe I'm just realizing I'm a bit of a goldilocks in terms of finding the right watch. But I'm pretty sure a FP Journe Chronometre Souverain could probably do it

Comment

Business casual with a dress watch today.

Comment

I rarely wear this. Simple Bulova quartz.

Comment

Originally posted by MDLamp View Post
                          I rarely wear this. Simple Bulova quartz.

Such a clean face on this. Love the little tuning fork looking design at 12.

Comment

Yay, my Erika's Original MN Black ops strap came today!

Very comfortable and very low-bulk under the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              Yay, my Erika's Original MN Black ops strap came today!

Very comfortable and very low-bulk under the watch.
                              Looks slimmer than a Nato. Less hardware too. I might have to try that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                                Looks slimmer than a Nato. Less hardware too. I might have to try that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                                Do it! Quality/finish on it is superb. The fit is really secure since you put your hand/wrist through the closed loop first then double back the slack to hook the "buckle."

Comment

Working...
                                X