Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atm I got this on, another fun watch with those yellow accents. Red rox straps canvas. [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I know you like canvas, but this one is still hard even months after I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
      Atm I got this on, another fun watch with those yellow accents. Red rox straps canvas. [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I know you like canvas, but this one is still hard even months after I bought it.

Nice! Blue lagoon is my mini grail. Can't justify buying a watch right now due to life events. Hopefully it is still around when I am able.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        I'll be interested to know how you get on long term with the Farer, once the honeymoon period wears off. Their watches look interesting but then the same thing that makes them attractive (bright colors) also makes me think they might not be as versatile as your standard dials.

I just picked up something I probably shouldn't have but have been meaning to try for a while. Can't wait for it to arrive. All I will say is - white dial, titanium, very unique movement.
        Looking forward to seeing some posted images of your new watch.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Alaska Project or Japanese Racing or bust.
          Alaska project is nice. Also like the snoopy, speedy Tuesday and the tin tin looks good in pictures. The Japanese racing one is........

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] modified Invicta (that I further modded) on homemade leather/perlon strap.

Comment

Sorry, double post.
              Last edited by Nandyn; July 15, 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Snowflake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                  I got this watch on Friday and I've been wearing it since. The case is 40mm wide excluding the crown and crown guard, measured with digital calipers. Casio seems to list their watches with the width including crown or crown guard. The watch is pretty nice for $80. The case is nicely finished with a polished bezel, brushed lug tops, polished bevel on the lugs, and the side of the case is brushed. There's a shoreline about halfway down the side of the case below which it's polished and rounded down to meet the case back. The crown is screw-down and signed with the Edifice logo. The lugs are pretty long, nicely curved, and they flow into the body of the case nicely.

The dial is sunburst except at the chapter ring where it has a thin racetrack. The indices are applied thin metal chisel shapes with lume. Lume is decent, not as good as Seiko but better than the Citizen I have. It think it's better than the lume on my Casio MDV-106. The lume is stronger on the hands that it is on the indices. It's a nice looking dial, it checks a lot of boxes that I was looking for.

I can confirm that the bracelet is a rattly, squeaky, hollow link mess. I pulled it off and have been alternating between a green RAF NATO and a brown leather slip through strap. I'm thinking about getting a nicer oyster style bracelet for it, but I think I might miss being able to easily swap between straps like I do with the leather and NATO straps I'm using now.

Overall, I think it's a nice watch. I was comparing it to the MDV-106 (Marlin) in my head because I think they both are cheap quartz watches that look more expensive than they are. I think the Edifice straddles the line between casual and dressy well. If it was on a nice bracelet or nice leather strap, it would definitely work with a suit. It would equally work with a casual outfit. One difference between the Edifice and the Marlin is the Marlin is much heavier. The Edifice is closer in weight to my Seiko 5 (SNK809).

Here, have some crappy pictures.
                  Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
                  How are you feeling about this watch now that you have had some time with it?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                    How are you feeling about this watch now that you have had some time with it?

Oh this watch? https://www.amazon.com/Casio-Edifice...=casio+efv+100

Since I got it, I've taken it off once. I really like it.

I love the dial and the case shape. Polishing and brushing are great and it really shines in the sun. It's certainly not perfect, but it's hard to beat for what it costs.

If you like the Casio Marlin MDV-106, then you will probably like the Casio Edifice EFV-100

Comment

Originally posted by MDLamp View Post
                      Seiko SNK on a green perlon

I like Seiko, this one is really awesome.
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Driving the beater and wearing the diver.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Snowflake

Nice and frosty!!!! How do you like the snowflake (and springdrive)?
                          Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Seriously one of the most comfortable bracelets on a watch!

Sent using Tapatalk
                            Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
                              Seriously one of the most comfortable bracelets on a watch!

Sent using Tapatalk
                              Love the red triumph

Comment

I finally picked up my own Edifice. Not as elegant as the ones I've seen on here, but it has a retrograde chrono. I think its cool enough for $45 on Prime Day.
                                I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Working...
                                X