X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/VKyf76k.jpg?1

Christopher Ward. 43mm looking gigantic on my wrist.
    Really digging that second hand!

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
      Christopher Ward makes a 38mm version of their dive watches. That may be my next watch purchase.

I've started paying more attention to the length (lug to lug measurement) of the watched that I'm looking to buy. I had a Victorinox Dive Master that was about 43mm in width, but the lug-to-lug distance was about 50mm which was too big for my 6.75" wrists. I currently own Seiko and Citizen dive watches that are about 46mm in length and they sit much more comfortably on my wrist.
      I feel like, for me at least, 40mm to 42mm is the sweet spot for dive watches. I have a couple Orients that are 42mm and they're perfect. Didn't want to go below that, as I thought the slightly large bezel would make the dial look too small. I have a Seiko that does this and I hate it. I really wanted a CW, so I went up, and it looks a little big on my wrists, but I still like it.

Originally posted by Sose View Post
      Yeah, that was definitely one of the points that sold me on CWs.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
        Yeah, that was definitely one of the points that sold me on CWs.
        Same here. I loved the trident second hand. Was also a big element that was drawing me toward CW. Ultimately wasn't enough to get me to buy one though. Also, as a side note, the "new" tridents on their new trident watches (trident classic - not the dive version yet) look terrible.

Comment

What watch I wore today

I really like the newly designed CW Tridents too (the pro divers). I have a few watches that will be coming my way this month, one of them being a 38mm trident pro w/ red bezel.
          Last edited by Rawfull; August 8, 2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post
            ...the watch I wear daily is a cheapo TSS Sparklestar that I picked up on Amazon because I wanted to try a chrono (and it had to be on the dressier side for work). I've fallen in love with it, unexpectedly, but it doesn't seem right to put it up with more reputable brands...

That being said, if I had my grandfather's Seamaster (as I remember you saying once), it wouldn't leave my wrist until it was time to be passed onto the next generation. Enjoy in good health! :-)
            Hey man, if you think it looks good, post it up! Be a change of pace from all of the more 'reputable' watches that fill this thread.

As for the watch, it truly is my daily wear unless I'm doing manual labor or exercise. That said, it's just about to go back to the watch guy as it has stopped running...but I have faith it'll be back in order soon enough!
            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
              Hey man, if you think it looks good, post it up! Be a change of pace from all of the more 'reputable' watches that fill this thread.

As for the watch, it truly is my daily wear unless I'm doing manual labor or exercise. That said, it's just about to go back to the watch guy as it has stopped running...but I have faith it'll be back in order soon enough!
              Well said! Just because someone owns expensive watches it doesn't mean inexpensive watches are not fair game. A true WIS will appreciate timepieces no matter the maker

I want to see them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly, no judgement here. The whole purpose of this is to see what other people are wearing. Brand doesn't matter at all. In fact I would love seeing something a bit different than the usual suspects. Different is good!

Comment

I don't participate in this thread, only because the watch I wear daily is a cheapo TSS Sparklestar that I picked up on Amazon because I wanted to try a chrono (and it had to be on the dressier side for work). I've fallen in love with it, unexpectedly, but it doesn't seem right to put it up with more reputable brands...

That being said, if I had my grandfather's Seamaster (as I remember you saying once), it wouldn't leave my wrist until it was time to be passed onto the next generation. Enjoy in good health! :-)
                  One of my favorite watches is a cheap Swiss Legend piece that my wife got for me. I have a few pricier pieces, but I wear the Swiss Legend all the time because I love the face and strap.
                  We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Explorer II kind of day today.

This one has incredible sentimental value - it was a wedding gift from my wife.

Comment

Any other smart watch nerds out there?
                      This is more for function than form.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't say that I am. The mechanical component and craftsmanship of watches are the parts I like. Take that away and I'd rather just use my phone which is always by my side.

Oddly enough, my twin brother is the exact opposite of me. Doesn't understand the appeal of mechanical watches but LOVES his apple watch. To each his own I guess.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Confidence Level: upgraded! Thanks guys!

Here's my daily wear. I didn't know much about the IWC it's modeled after before hand, but boy do I ever now! Maybe one day...

Comment

Explorer II kind of day today.

This one has incredible sentimental value - it was a wedding gift from my wife.

This would be the Rolex I owned if they'd kept the 40mm case with the new hands/dial.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              This would be the Rolex I owned if they'd kept the 40mm case with the new hands/dial.
                              Man, I actually don't like the new hands. There's something about the old school red one that enamored me.

Comment

Confidence Level: upgraded! Thanks guys!

Here's my daily wear. I didn't know much about the IWC it's modeled after before hand, but boy do I ever now! Maybe one day...

[MENTION=15048]07Rams[/MENTION]! That is a stunning piece! I had never seen that. Is the second hand blue? I wish more watches did that - I feel like it upgrades any watch!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                                X