Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=14984]jays0n[/MENTION] damn! Maybe I shouldn't have sold you that watch after all...

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Whenever I look at the IWC portuguese it's the one with the blue dial that catches my eye. It seems like a nice dress watch. Too bad I couldn't try the watch first, then decide later whether to buy. Kinda like a test drive for a car.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked this birth year Datejust a month of so ago after an unexpected bonus. No regrets, it was serviced by the local Rolex guy and keeps COSC time despite its 33 years of use.

Comment

Casio Europe has a new Edifice model that I am seriously considering. For $70 through Amazon it seems like a pretty solid deal for a slightly more dressy sports watch. It also comes in a white or blue face. https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/ My main concern from looking at photos is that the bracelet is going to be garbage, but I have some 20mm straps I could swap out.

Amazon lists the diameter at 42mm and 40mm in different places on their page. I think Casio often lists their case diameter including the crown so I'm hoping that the diameter without crown is 40mm which is a pretty good size for this style watch. Here's the Casio Europe page https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
            Casio Europe has a new Edifice model that I am seriously considering. For $70 through Amazon it seems like a pretty solid deal for a slightly more dressy sports watch. It also comes in a white or blue face. https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/ My main concern from looking at photos is that the bracelet is going to be garbage, but I have some 20mm straps I could swap out.

Amazon lists the diameter at 42mm and 40mm in different places on their page. I think Casio often lists their case diameter including the crown so I'm hoping that the diameter without crown is 40mm which is a pretty good size for this style watch. Here's the Casio Europe page https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/

if thats 40mm I am interested. Edifice bracelets are so hit and miss, I would assume its garbage though. Other than ef503 I havent loved any.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              if thats 40mm I am interested. Edifice bracelets are so hit and miss, I would assume its garbage though. Other than ef503 I havent loved any.
              Returns are free with Amazon prime. I bought one and will report back. I guess I'm a Casio guy now. This will be my third, I already have an MDV-106 and a G-Shock 5600.
              Last edited by thedrake; June 14, 2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                Returns are free with Amazon prime. I bought one and will report back. I guess I'm a Casio guy now. This will be my third, I already have an MDV-106 and a G-Shock 5600.
                5600 owner as well. My Mdv102 will never go anywhere. I will always have a spot for a good Casio.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

What watch I wore today

Not a mechanical watch... I have a collection of those. My only two non-mechanical watches in my collection are a Soviet era Electronika (acquired in Uzbekistan, a story in of itself) from the early 1980s and this Garmin Fenix 5x which is technically a “smart watch”. Has GPS, altimeter etc...

This watch is my go to for four things. Running, hiking, skiing and activities where I think a mechanical watch might take too much of a beating.

Garmin Fenix 5x

And the older cousin...

NII-Zavod Elektronika 1 (circa 1983)
                  Last edited by Publius; June 15, 2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Tangramatic summerized on an RAF NATO.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
                      Not a mechanical watch... I have a collection of those. My only two non-mechanical watches in my collection are a Soviet era Electronika (acquired in Uzbekistan, a story in of itself) from the early 1980s and this Garmin Fenix 5x which is technically a “smart watch”. Has GPS, altimeter etc...

This watch is my go to for four things. Running, hiking, skiing and activities where I think a mechanical watch might take too much of a beating.

Garmin Fenix 5x

And the older cousin...

NII-Zavod Elektronika 1 (circa 1983)
                      have been considering a garmin for hiking/camping. good looking watch

Comment

I’d been really good about not buying new stuff for the past month or so until I decided to order a Garmin Fenix 5s Sapphire. I’ve been doing more fitness tracking lately but I’ve been annoyed that a lot of my most intense workouts barely register on my Misfit Ray since all it recognizes are arm swings. I decided I wanted something with both wrist-based HR monitoring and GPS tracking, and suddenly, bye bye $500

I’m half worried and half excited that I might like it so much that it supplants all my “real” watches for daily wear....
                        Ben

Comment

Seiko SKX009 on a new to me NATO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              This Monta Triumph is my latest pickup. I can’t say enough good things about this watch. It is hard to explain the beauty of the polishing/brushing they've done with the case unless you see it in person. They perfected the dimensions of the case. It's perfect thickness at under 10 mm. And the thicker lugs makes it wear a bit bigger than it's 38.5mm size.

They truly are amazing. They punch way above their price point. Love the blue dial, too!

Sent using Tapatalk
                              Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Dat dial, though!

Sent using Tapatalk
                                Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Working...
                                X