This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
    I really like idvsego’s mods and this is a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I appreciate it. One of these days I will get my website in shape and try and get a few more commissions. It's good fun for me and for the customer to pick the details. I don't really make much off of them, its just a way to let me spend other peoples money and still get to tinker in the hobby lol. There is a guy that makes full bezel replacements for the base watch now and I am itching to try a classy yellow gold gilt mod.

Comment

Seiko SQ on a leather button-stud type band

Comment

Maybe I can commission one someday. I would like to get something like this, all stainless case or all black case (oohhh black might be awesome) but with gold accents on the face and bezel.

This is a watch I am selling now but a look I will definitely want again in the future.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        Thanks, I appreciate it. One of these days I will get my website in shape and try and get a few more commissions. It's good fun for me and for the customer to pick the details. I don't really make much off of them, its just a way to let me spend other peoples money and still get to tinker in the hobby lol. There is a guy that makes full bezel replacements for the base watch now and I am itching to try a classy yellow gold gilt mod.

Comment

Seiko SQ on a leather button-stud type band

What model is that? I dig that dial for sure.

Maybe I can commission one someday. I would like to get something like this, all stainless case or all black case (oohhh black might be awesome) but with gold accents on the face and bezel.
          Please reach out to me if you do. I am dying to do a black case and have some ideas. PM me if you ever want to explore that.

This is a watch I am selling now but a look I will definitely want again in the future.

Are you selling that casio?

Comment

The Seiko i am not to sure about. On the back it says:

T 7546-6029

On the face it says:
            7546-602L T

I got it on eBay all beat to heck and took it apart, cleaned and polished it and replaced all the gaskets. Since, it has ran without issue, keeps perfect time. I love the size (for me) which is about 39mm.

Ahh yeah the Casio really eats batteries, really!!!, so I put it up on eBay as soon as I found that one from DocDave. It’s too bad though as it is a great size and has HEFT!!! It’s about 41mm without the crown and SOLID!!! It’s a MD-502 with the 394 movement, which maybe someone else can replace. Seems they still make that movement though the watch is old-ish.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
            What model is that? I dig that dial for sure.

Please reach out to me if you do. I am dying to do a black case and have some ideas. PM me if you ever want to explore that.

Are you selling that casio?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              BB36 today...

Amazing watch. I’ve been searching for a good pre-owned to purchase.

Comment

Trying to turn the Portuguiser into a casual piece

Comment

[MENTION=2309]Harry[/MENTION] The Portuguiser is such a nice watch. I keep flip flopping back and forth on adding an IWC to my collection. I must say though I like the look of the one you have on. The leather strap is a nice touch.

Comment

You can pick up IWC’s on they grey market for a good price. Lately they have not been retaining their value as well, but that stuff fluctuates.

Comment

That Portuguese chrono with the blue numerals and hands is the nicest looking watch I've ever owned. I still regret selling it sometimes but it wore bigger than its 41mm size would indicate due to it being all dial. It was also a weird middle ground between dress and casual. Still, the watch was gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at the dial.
                      Last edited by Vicious49; June 11, 2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

This Monta Triumph is my latest pickup. I can’t say enough good things about this watch. It is hard to explain the beauty of the polishing/brushing they've done with the case unless you see it in person. They perfected the dimensions of the case. It's perfect thickness at under 10 mm. And the thicker lugs makes it wear a bit bigger than it's 38.5mm size.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          That Portuguese chrono with the blue numerals and hands is the nicest looking watch I've ever owned. I still regret selling it sometimes but it wore bigger than its 41mm size would indicate due to it being all dial. It was also a weird middle ground between dress and casual. Still, the watch was gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at the dial.
                          Yep, agreed on the size, but for whatever reason, changing it to the casual leather strap made a huge difference optically. I went from considering selling it to definitely keeping it for now. The dial + thinner strap made a huge difference. I want to keep it casual going forward because I want my next dress watch to be much...much thinner and smaller (more like 36mm).

Comment

Been digging through the watch box recently. An acquisition from last summer, a Marathon mid-size diver that previously belonged to my brother.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Been digging through the watch box recently. An acquisition from last summer, a Marathon mid-size diver that previously belonged to my brother.

cool watch

Comment

New (to me) Invicta I just got from DocDave. New weekend watch!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X