This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Thank you sir. I actually started collecting based on this thread, your speedy was very inspirational [emoji2] hope to expand to a 12 watch box eventually and cap it there. Future plans are the Rolex polar explorer 16570, grand seiko snowflake, jlc master control sector dial and a sub just like vicious49's but I expect it'll take a few yeara to build up to that. After that I'll call it complete (we will see how that works out [emoji38])

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's never complete. Instead of trying to get more watches, I now try to limit the number Of watches. Not counting the stuff I have for sale, I am essentially down to 2 watches at the moment - a Rolex GMT and a Rolex Sub. I do eventually want to try a JLC Reverso and a Rolex Explorer.
    Last edited by Vicious49; April 27, 2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Just got my Zodiac Sea Wolf back from a complete service/rebuild. Feels as good as a watch that my dad bought at a PX in England in 1973 can feel. Shown on a NOS Sharkskin Zodiac strap I got from eBay a few years ago...

Mark

Comment

1980s Soviet Poljot Okeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Monta for a Sunday drive

Sent using Tapatalk
          Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
            Steinhart OVM on a rainy day

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            I had the first version of the OVM years ago. I loved it since it was great for NATOs. Unfortunately like most Steinharts the size was too big for my wrists so I sold it.

Now that they've released a 39mm version, I'm waiting for Gnomon to restock or looking for a used one to come up for sale. I'm not a huge fan of homages but this is one where the original is just way out of financial reach for most people.

Comment

Vintage hand wind I picked up on eBay for less than $5 a while back. Love the patina on the dial.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Love it, nice fun little watch that's still classy
                Nice collection! How do you like the Farer?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Blue Mako II today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Borealis Cascais for bath time

Sent using Tapatalk
                    Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Borealis Cascais for bath time

Sent using Tapatalk
                      I loved that watch but it just didnt work with my small wrist. Borealis is a solid watch maker though.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Vostok amphibian on NATO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also broke out my Vostok today, but it appears to be busted; losing about ten minutes an hour, despite the second hand sweep maintaining 60 second minutes timed against a stop watch.

--Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                            Also broke out my Vostok today, but it appears to be busted; losing about ten minutes an hour, despite the second hand sweep maintaining 60 second minutes timed against a stop watch.
                            The minute hand might be loose or getting stuck on something...
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              The minute hand might be loose or getting stuck on something...
                              More than possible; the QC isn't exactly robust. I just have to decide if it's worth fixing....
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post

I had one doing that. was one of the retaining clips on a gear that kept sticking in the gear. try to bend it back and broke it more. ended up just buying a new movement. as you said, QC is questionable on these.

Comment

Working...
                                X