This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
    I just finished the watch strap I've been working on last night! Started the project back in June, but out it on pause for a couple months until I could use some tools that I needed. Turned out great for a first time DIY. Picked up some scrap burgundy chromexcel from a leathercrafter and used that to make it.

I like the red-brown of the strap with the red accents of the watch.
    Ben

Comment

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I really like how it looks on this watch. It's a great pair.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
          I just finished the watch strap I've been working on last night! Started the project back in June, but out it on pause for a couple months until I could use some tools that I needed. Turned out great for a first time DIY. Picked up some scrap burgundy chromexcel from a leathercrafter and used that to make it.
          Great work. Mind if I PM you with a couple questions about the project? I have a few questions, but don't want to hijack the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
            Great work. Mind if I PM you with a couple questions about the project? I have a few questions, but don't want to hijack the thread.
            Sure. You can also check out my other thread where I was looking for scrap chromexcel. I posted updates about he project in it. It should be fairly close to the top of the list. I cross-posted this photo in it last night.

I see you're from Portland, ME. Nice to see another [relatively] local on the boards!
            Last edited by drocpsu; August 7, 2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] That looks terrific!

Since this thread has been around, I'm beginning to realize that I don't wear any of my other watches...

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post

Since this thread has been around, I'm beginning to realize that I don't wear any of my other watches...

Hahah. Me too! I just wear this one every day. Great looking watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post

I don't participate in this thread, only because the watch I wear daily is a cheapo TSS Sparklestar that I picked up on Amazon because I wanted to try a chrono (and it had to be on the dressier side for work). I've fallen in love with it, unexpectedly, but it doesn't seem right to put it up with more reputable brands...

That being said, if I had my grandfather's Seamaster (as I remember you saying once), it wouldn't leave my wrist until it was time to be passed onto the next generation. Enjoy in good health! :-)

Comment

Superbly happy with this one.

Just sent a request to Longines for more information on this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] beautiful dress watch
                      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Sose View Post
                          Superbly happy with this one.

Just sent a request to Longines for more information on this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          No clue on more info on it, but the size fits your wrist rather nicely for a dressy(-ish) watch.

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]!

I got it for a song too! I always wanted a vintage Omega in my collection... well... that slot was filled with a Longiness. Who would've thought?
                            Last edited by Sose; August 8, 2016, 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/VKyf76k.jpg?1

Christopher Ward. 43mm looking gigantic on my wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                                http://i.imgur.com/VKyf76k.jpg?1

Christopher Ward. 43mm looking gigantic on my wrist.
                                Christopher Ward makes a 38mm version of their dive watches. That may be my next watch purchase.

I've started paying more attention to the length (lug to lug measurement) of the watched that I'm looking to buy. I had a Victorinox Dive Master that was about 43mm in width, but the lug-to-lug distance was about 50mm which was too big for my 6.75" wrists. I currently own Seiko and Citizen dive watches that are about 46mm in length and they sit much more comfortably on my wrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X