This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    No it was funny cuz I just got Deja vu. Also into the canvas look though, it's usually that or nato for me. Thinking about trying Erica's straps too they look cool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I dont like nato on my small wrist so I struggle to find a good textile strap. I dont like the double strap and hardware and really dont like having to fold a tail over. I have a few natos that I have cut up to be poor man's RAF. I like the Maratac Mil Series but the sizes are limited on them. Almost all of my watches are 20mm now.

Erikas straps look neat. I might be able to give one of those a shot. Still a lot of hardware though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Wore the quartz SMP today but quite a few things are changing in my collection this week. Most of those changes led to me realizing the most comfortable watch to wear that I've ever owned is the Rolex GMT 16700 followed by the Bond SMP on a Speedy bracelet.

- Sold the Polar to a friend. He's put a deposit down on it and will pay the rest once he closes on his house in a few months.
      - Traded the SubC for a coke GMT II 16710.
      - Picked up an auto SMP Bond. Will switch that to the Speedy bracelet pictured above, put the original Bond bracelet back on the quartz and list that for sale shortly.
      - May hang on to the GMT II for a bit but my eventual goal is to get an older Sub.
      Hot damn, times they are a'changin

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
        The the mark 18 lpp on a canvas for a little day trip to Ohiopyle State Park in Western PA
        Looks good on the canvas, my LPP has been getting a lot of wrist time as of late as well (in less scenic spots such as the office).

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
          Hot damn, times they are a'changin
          They are. So what I ended up with for the time being is:

- Pepsi Rolex GMT 16700
          - almost NOS Rolex Sub Date 16610 (it's the older model before they went maxi everything and ceramic)
          - Omega SMP bond quartz ( still debating the 2220 vs the older quartz but the quartz is winning due to it having the flatter case back which makes it wear flatter and closer to my wrist)

Comment

Here’s some pics that show the difference between how the newer subs wear compared to the older one.

I think the older ones gives it a more classic and classy look where the newer one is more sporty and less dressy. I prefer the older one but it's all personal preference which is why there are so many debates over it. Build and technology wise, the new one wins hands down. The olde bracelet and especially the clasp is a joke compared to the newer one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'll probably get the older one too once I can afford a sub

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sub today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Undone chronograph.

Comment

Alpinist on an [MENTION=15015]clockworksynergy[/MENTION] two piece NATO last few days.
                    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                    --Jason Isbell

Comment

Such a great collection, I love it!

Comment

Saw this in a local shop recently and fell in love with the dial patina.

Ben

Comment

That dial is patinated like a mofo.

Today i’m wearing a vintage hand-me-down that I really enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Saw this in a local shop recently and fell in love with the dial patina.
                            I like it, relatively consistent patina gives it a nice character, and otherwise looks in decent shape.

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                            That dial is patinated like a mofo.

Today i’m wearing a vintage hand-me-down that I really enjoy.
                            That dial is so clean, really like pre-Jaeger, Le Coultres -- gives it some fun history. Bonus points for it being a hand-me-down with personal history.

Comment

For the cheapskate in the house... Orient Analyst on eulit perlon. I dig it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

A less Instagrammy pic...

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X