This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Wore the quartz SMP today but quite a few things are changing in my collection this week. Most of those changes led to me realizing the most comfortable watch to wear that I've ever owned is the Rolex GMT 16700 followed by the Bond SMP on a Speedy bracelet.

- Sold the Polar to a friend. He's put a deposit down on it and will pay the rest once he closes on his house in a few months.
    - Traded the SubC for a coke GMT II 16710.
    - Picked up an auto SMP Bond. Will switch that to the Speedy bracelet pictured above, put the original Bond bracelet back on the quartz and list that for sale shortly.
    - May hang on to the GMT II for a bit but my eventual goal is to get an older Sub.
    Did you get the ceramic? The wave dial is the watch I get the most wrist time with, much thinner

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, surprised you sold the polar man. What made you sell it? Currently my grail, hope to buy it later this year

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I like the look of that Invicta mod.

As for me. I'm traveling all week and limited to one watch. The lucky winner for road show/week away is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] I like the look of that Invicta mod.

As for me. I'm traveling all week and limited to one watch. The lucky winner for road show/week away is...

thanks. I built it from spare or bargain parts so I could have a black 12 hour bezel watch and like it way more than I thought I would.

twins...pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
            Did you get the ceramic? The wave dial is the watch I get the most wrist time with, much thinner

I got the last auto version of the wave dial Bonds - 2220.80. I always loved the Bond SMP but could never get a comfortable feel with that bracelet. Once I put it on the Speedy style bracelet, it wears perfectly for me.

Also, surprised you sold the polar man. What made you sell it? Currently my grail, hope to buy it later this year

I liked the Pepsi GMT more. I'm trying to be better about sticking to a 3 watch rotation. The Omega 2220 and the Pepsi GMT have taken up 2 of those slots. I still want some sort of Sub so I've been looking at older models for sale. The MaxiCase on the new SubC just felt off to me.

Comment

I liked my new SKX009 so much that I also picked up a SKX007... AND have the gold/orange variant, SKX011, incoming.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I got the last auto version of the wave dial Bonds - 2220.80. I always loved the Bond SMP but could never get a comfortable feel with that bracelet. Once I put it on the Speedy style bracelet, it wears perfectly for me.

I liked the Pepsi GMT more. I'm trying to be better about sticking to a 3 watch rotation. The Omega 2220 and the Pepsi GMT have taken up 2 of those slots. I still want some sort of Sub so I've been looking at older models for sale. The MaxiCase on the new SubC just felt off to me.
                The 2531.80 is the most comfortable watch I've worn to date imo. I initially bought it to eventually trade up to an smpc, but now I can't let it go.

Comment

The the mark 18 lpp on a canvas for a little day trip to Ohiopyle State Park in Western PA

Comment

New-to-me Seiko Turtle PADI arrived last night. Nicer looking and more wearable size than I expected (but I have large wrists). Some alignment issues I want to see if I can get worked out.

Was planning on getting a dress/casual watch next, but then summer vacation plans were made that will involve a lot of water time. So, this. I actually like a couple of the other color ways a little better but the PADI adds better variety to my rotation. Need to get some natos that fit now.

Comment

Modded SKX007 on Helm canvas today...

Comment

The the mark 18 lpp on a canvas for a little day trip to Ohiopyle State Park in Western PA

What strap is that and what do you think of it? I am always looking for more canvas options.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                          What strap is that and what do you think of it? I am always looking for more canvas options.
                          Haha that's the Hadley Roma, I think weve talked about this before. I messaged art from drunk art straps today though, those look amazing.

Comment

Modded SKX007 on Helm canvas today...

That grey helm looks pretty nice

Comment

Haha that's the Hadley Roma, I think weve talked about this before. I messaged art from drunk art straps today though, those look amazing.

Lol... I am sure. If I remembered every person I talked to about watches my brain would explode.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol... I am sure. If I remembered every person I talked to about watches my brain would explode.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                                No it was funny cuz I just got Deja vu. Also into the canvas look though, it's usually that or nato for me. Thinking about trying Erica's straps too they look cool

Comment

Working...
                                X