This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Love that explorer [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]. How do you like the fit?
    The older explorer and GMT share the same case. They wear great for someone with smaller wrists like myself. I just can't believe Rolex would use bracelets that feel this cheap. Don't get me wrong, the bracelet is comfortable since it's so light but it feels cheaper than anything you'd see from brands like steinhart or Chris ward nowadays. The newer bracelets like on the SubC are light years better and probably the best bracelets on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I think the Tudor GMT is the most interesting release as it was not expected by anyone. I am hoping that the new Rolex Pepsi drops the price of the older GMTs down a. It so I can pick up a Coke.

On a different note, do you still own the green Steinhart 39mm? That question was meant for Ben and I think 1 other poster here who owned it. I was wondering if you eventually grew tired if the color or if it's still seeing wrist time. I was thinking of picking one up as a weekend watch now that I've sold off a few other watches in the last 2 days.
      Since you mentioned my watch, I will answer you question since I'm approaching 8 months owning it. No I have not got tired of it considering that mine also has a green strap. Here is a picture of today doing some light yard work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Not exactly what I’m wearing today but will probably own this combo at the same time again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once I saw the Tudor 39mm black bay 58 I decided to sell my new SubC and pick up an old GMT and the BB58 later in the year.

o_O

And I thought I was being impulsive for picking up an SKX009 on jubilee after seeing the new GMT Master II...

As to your question about the green Steinhart, I find the green is quite neutral. I have not tired of the watch, though it doesn’t get as much wrist time since I bough my Tudor BB 36 which fills the same “everyday watch” role.
          Ben

Comment

• I don't see much else getting wrist time now that I have the GMT/Polar combo.

Comment

The older explorer and GMT share the same case. They wear great for someone with smaller wrists like myself. I just can't believe Rolex would use bracelets that feel this cheap. Don't get me wrong, the bracelet is comfortable since it's so light but it feels cheaper than anything you'd see from brands like steinhart or Chris ward nowadays. The newer bracelets like on the SubC are light years better and probably the best bracelets on the market.
              Is this the bracelet w/ hollow end and center links? I guess there was a time before everyone on YouTube demanding solid end links on even budget watches.

Comment

• Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                Is this the bracelet w/ hollow end and center links? I guess there was a time before everyone on YouTube demanding solid end links on even budget watches.
                I have gotten to the point where I find the rattle of the hollow end links to be charming. I wear my GMT Master II more than any other piece I have, so it obviously isn’t bothering me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                  I have gotten to the point where I find the rattle of the hollow end links to be charming. I wear my GMT Master II more than any other piece I have, so it obviously isn’t bothering me.
                  Yeah, I'm already starting to get used to it. You have a GMTII and you're in Houston? We need to get together at some point and check out each others watches. Have you heard about RedBar? A friend of mine was just telling me about it. I need to find out about a Houston chapter and how to join.

Comment

• Seiko recraft with a nato strap replacing the metal bracelet

Comment

• I'm not sold on that particular recraft case, but that combo looks great.
                      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wore the quartz SMP today but quite a few things are changing in my collection this week. Most of those changes led to me realizing the most comfortable watch to wear that I've ever owned is the Rolex GMT 16700 followed by the Bond SMP on a Speedy bracelet.

- Sold the Polar to a friend. He's put a deposit down on it and will pay the rest once he closes on his house in a few months.
                            - Traded the SubC for a coke GMT II 16710.
                            - Picked up an auto SMP Bond. Will switch that to the Speedy bracelet pictured above, put the original Bond bracelet back on the quartz and list that for sale shortly.
                            - May hang on to the GMT II for a bit but my eventual goal is to get an older Sub.

Comment

• Originally posted by winstonheard View Post

Seiko recraft with a nato strap replacing the metal bracelet
                              Nice. I have a green faced recraft. I think they are a cool series

Comment

• Went to tampa this weekend to take our oldest son on a tour of USF. Took these two watches. And yes, I am wearing the same pants in both pics because I changed watches for the evening.

My latest "go-to" watch, my 12 hour Invicta mod...

and the beater that gets all my water duty, the MDV-102...

Comment

Working...
                                X