X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
    New pickup: Farer Lander. Absolutely love the colors on this one

Very cool. I really dig the Farer aesthetic. Would love the Barnato II as a quirky fun quartz, but price seems a bit steep for quartz movement and mineral crystal. Keep going back to look at it though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
      New pickup: Farer Lander. Absolutely love the colors on this one

Very nice, I'm a big fan!
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Yeah, those Farer watches have some cool color schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          This ^^ I was in my local watch shop the other day chatting with the owner. He was telling me how Rolex Subs are extremely hot right now. He couldn't explain why all of sudden there was a rush on Subs, but he was telling me how if he COULD get them in stock it was pretty much a sellers market.
          Once I saw the Tudor 39mm black bay 58 I decided to sell my new SubC and pick up an old GMT and the BB58 later in the year.

Comment

Lovely colors and very unique look on that Farer. I could never pick one up because I know what other watches I could get used in that price range. Plus not sure about resale value on Farer.

Comment

As far as Tudor is concerned, Archie is right. Omega was trying to compete with Rolex. Rolex took it up a notch and is now on another level. Tudor was a bit lower 5 years or so ago but is now destroying Omega, Breitling and some of these other brands. Rolex supply seems to be limited lending to its exclusivity image. Yet Tudor is readily available and in a more accessible price range.

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Lovely GMT! Wish I'd known about the SubC being sold. I might have been in the market for it

Where are you purchasing your Rolex's from? Or for that matter most of your watches? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  Once I saw the Tudor 39mm black bay 58 I decided to sell my new SubC and pick up an old GMT and the BB58 later in the year.
                  That's one crisp Pepsi -- congrats on making the move. New 58 looks cool as well, will be interested to start seeing it in person when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Lovely GMT! Wish I'd known about the SubC being sold. I might have been in the market for it

Where are you purchasing your Rolex's from? Or for that matter most of your watches? Cheers.
                    I haven't sold the SubC yet. Just took the pics. Going to post the sales thread later today. PM me soon if you're interested as those things tend to go fast.

I purchased the SubC from a local AD that only carries Rolex and Tudor. I stopped by there yesterday and they had a new SeaDweller in the case which I was surprised to see. I bought the GMT from a local shop here that only carries preowned watches, including quite a few Rolexes. That shop is where I also first fell in love with the Polar explorer but it was sold by the 2nd time I went back to check it out. So that one I Bought from an out of state jewelry shop I found through Chrono24.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      That's one crisp Pepsi -- congrats on making the move. New 58 looks cool as well, will be interested to start seeing it in person when it comes out.
                      I went in looking for a coke GMT II that seemed to be a really good price. But that one had been polished quite a few times and this one is still very sharp so I paid the extra $800 for this one. As far as bezels, he said he could swap them out for me if I wanted. I may go back at some point and switch to a coke for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                        That's real pretty.
                        Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        yeah, good looking watch
                        Originally posted by Token View Post
                        Very nice, I'm a big fan!
                        Lovely colors and very unique look on that Farer. I could never pick one up because I know what other watches I could get used in that price range. Plus not sure about resale value on Farer.
                        Thanks all. To your point Vicious49, there certainly are a bunch of nice pieces from better known brands that you could get at this price range, but this particular Farer is so unique and hit all the right details for me such that the buying decision made emotional sense rather than financial sense. I watched a handful of these sold used on eBay and resale is better than what I would have thought for a relatively unknown brand.

Comment

I went in looking for a coke GMT II that seemed to be a really good price. But that one had been polished quite a few times and this one is still very sharp so I paid the extra $800 for this one. As far as bezels, he said he could swap them out for me if I wanted. I may go back at some point and switch to a coke for a while.
                          Yes, that's my understanding as well on bezels. Finding one that hasn't been overpolished and that has a nice dial (preferably one that has patina potential, IMO) is key.

Comment

Comment

Love that explorer [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]. How do you like the fit?

Comment

Just got my lander yesterday too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X