Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizen grab-N-go....Eco Drive and Radio Controlled.....Perpetual Calendar. She catches a signal every night so the time is always right! [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bassopotamus View Post
      How does it adjust?
      There’s a couple of non-mesh links near the clasp that can be removed. All you need is a small screwdriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

My seiko chronograph

My go to, the Seiko SRQ021
          https://i.imgur.com/tinYi5k.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
            Man really digging the explorers [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]. Really hope to get one someday. Was it a hard choice between red hand and the 5 digit model? How does it wear size-wise compared to say the speedy, or mark xviii?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Thanks! I must say I really enjoy wearing the watch. To my eye it doesn't scream Rolex but is a nice subtle watch to wear.

I don't quite under the reference to the 'five digit model' but what I can tell you is that I wanted an Explorer model with fading lume. So right away that cut me off at a certain year point for used watches. I know some people will poo-poo those who want watches with fading lume, but oh well. To each their own.

Compared to the Speedy, I find the Explorer II to wear a smidge smaller. But it is so small that I hardly notice it. I'll try to take a picture of both watches side by side and post it up later today/tomorrow. As for how it fits to the Mark XVIII I can't help you there as I don't own that watch. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              Thanks! I must say I really enjoy wearing the watch. To my eye it doesn't scream Rolex but is a nice subtle watch to wear.

I don't quite under the reference to the 'five digit model' but what I can tell you is that I wanted an Explorer model with fading lume. So right away that cut me off at a certain year point for used watches. I know some people will poo-poo those who want watches with fading lume, but oh well. To each their own.

Compared to the Speedy, I find the Explorer II to wear a smidge smaller. But it is so small that I hardly notice it. I'll try to take a picture of both watches side by side and post it up later today/tomorrow. As for how it fits to the Mark XVIII I can't help you there as I don't own that watch. Cheers.
              Yeah I love the look too, probably one of the only Rolexes I woukd actually buy or maybe a sub.

I was curious if you also considered the newer 42mm version with the orange gmt hand. I prefer the look of the red hand, but am really curious how it wears size wise. Afraid that if it's 40mm with bezel it may be small for my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
                Yeah I love the look too, probably one of the only Rolexes I woukd actually buy or maybe a sub.

I was curious if you also considered the newer 42mm version with the orange gmt hand. I prefer the look of the red hand, but am really curious how it wears size wise. Afraid that if it's 40mm with bezel it may be small for my preference.

I did not. I did not like the look for the orange GMT hand so I never considered it. And I hear ya on the Sub. I know [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] has the combo Explorer II and Sub. So of course he now has me thinking about doing the same thing. Just need to figure out if I want to add another Rolex to the rotation or branch our and look at an IWC...

I find for my wrist size watches in the 40 - 42mm range work best. I'll try to post some comparison photos when I get home if it will help you out. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                  I did not. I did not like the look for the orange GMT hand so I never considered it. And I hear ya on the Sub. I know [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] has the combo Explorer II and Sub. So of course he now has me thinking about doing the same thing. Just need to figure out if I want to add another Rolex to the rotation or branch our and look at an IWC...

I find for my wrist size watches in the 40 - 42mm range work best. I'll try to post some comparison photos when I get home if it will help you out. Cheers.
                  I agree the red hand looks much sharper! It would be awesome to see next to your speedy if possible. I love the size of the speedy, probably would be ok with a touch smaller. I woukd have loved to check it out in person but doubt that'll be possible here in Pittsburgh. Still at least a year or two from buying, but it would nice to narrow options between the two

Comment

Wrist check : Flying with Stat Med Evac today, whipped out the Flieger

Comment

back to the Hamilton

Comment

Orient Bambino. Some generation I’m sure. Blue hands.

It’s my dress watch. Shameless plug- anyone want it? Haha.

Comment

Seamaster 300mc today:

Comment

I really need to start wearing this watch more often...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X