Originally posted by Greyone View Post
    I believe the 5 actually represents:

1. Automatic winding
    2. Day/date displayed in a single window
    3. Water resistance
    4. Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position
    5. Durable case and bracelet

https://www.seikowatches.com/5sports...tory/why5.html
    Could be this was the original "5" criteria. As [MENTION=13096]allkindsofwatches1[/MENTION] shows, there are current models (most of the newer ones, actually) that do not have the crown at 4 o'clock anymore.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Could be this was the original "5" criteria. As [MENTION=13096]allkindsofwatches1[/MENTION] shows, there are current models (most of the newer ones, actually) that do not have the crown at 4 o'clock anymore.
      Great little watches, nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
          Just picked up this Seiko 5 field watch for fun, on a discount on eBay. Never had a Seiko 5 before and I must say this may be one of the best value watches I have seen.

IOI, that is an awesome looking strap (cool watch too BTW). What is that?

Comment

Wearing my beater for Mardi Gras. Don’t want my good pieces banged up by beads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post

I do agree they are great little watches, with the emphasis on little. I bought one of these watches because of all the good things I was reading about them. But after wearing the watch for a bit I quickly realize the watch is too small on my wrist. And because of that, the watch really doesn't see much wrist time. I know, shame on me for not knowing my minimum watch size. All is not lost though. I have gifted the watch to my wife and she seems to like it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                I do agree they are great little watches, with the emphasis on little. I bought one of these watches because of all the good things I was reading about them. But after wearing the watch for a bit I quickly realize the watch is too small on my wrist. And because of that, the watch really doesn't see much wrist time. I know, shame on me for not knowing my minimum watch size. All is not lost though. I have gifted the watch to my wife and she seems to like it just fine.
                The one I’m wearing is 42/22mm btw

Comment

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                  IOI, that is an awesome looking strap (cool watch too BTW). What is that?
                  It’s a rubber nato strap from Watchgecko.com

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                    The one I’m wearing is 42/22mm btw

My watch is also 42mm with 22mm lugs. It's the perfect size for my 6.75" wrist I think. Some are 36-38mm which is small.

Comment

Working from home today so went with the Garmin. Thought I'd see how much, or how little, I actually move around the house.

Comment

Anyone have an opinion on the Todd Snyder/Timex Maritime MS1? Hadn't seen them until I noticed an email in my spam today. I was thinking of getting a Seiko 007 or 009 but these are a similar price point. http://https://www.toddsnyder.com/pages/timex-maritime

Comment

Originally posted by Kurps View Post
                          Anyone have an opinion on the Todd Snyder/Timex Maritime MS1? Hadn't seen them until I noticed an email in my spam today. I was thinking of getting a Seiko 007 or 009 but these are a similar price point. http://https://www.toddsnyder.com/pages/timex-maritime
                          Looks cool, but 30m WR? I mean, that's sufficient for what most people will use this for, but it's kind of surprising given that Timex's other divers have 50m or 100m WR.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post

Nice, always liked the look of those zeniths.

Comment

New to me (!), but not to the forum/thread. Could see this getting a lot of wrist time

Comment

Working...
                                X