• Originally posted by Greyone View Post
    I believe the 5 actually represents:

1. Automatic winding
    2. Day/date displayed in a single window
    3. Water resistance
    4. Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position
    5. Durable case and bracelet

https://www.seikowatches.com/5sports...tory/why5.html
    Could be this was the original "5" criteria. As [MENTION=13096]allkindsofwatches1[/MENTION] shows, there are current models (most of the newer ones, actually) that do not have the crown at 4 o'clock anymore.
    Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Could be this was the original "5" criteria. As [MENTION=13096]allkindsofwatches1[/MENTION] shows, there are current models (most of the newer ones, actually) that do not have the crown at 4 o'clock anymore.
      Great little watches, nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great little watches, nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
          Just picked up this Seiko 5 field watch for fun, on a discount on eBay. Never had a Seiko 5 before and I must say this may be one of the best value watches I have seen.

IOI, that is an awesome looking strap (cool watch too BTW). What is that?

Comment

• Wearing my beater for Mardi Gras. Don’t want my good pieces banged up by beads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
              Great little watches, nonetheless.

I do agree they are great little watches, with the emphasis on little. I bought one of these watches because of all the good things I was reading about them. But after wearing the watch for a bit I quickly realize the watch is too small on my wrist. And because of that, the watch really doesn't see much wrist time. I know, shame on me for not knowing my minimum watch size. All is not lost though. I have gifted the watch to my wife and she seems to like it just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                I do agree they are great little watches, with the emphasis on little. I bought one of these watches because of all the good things I was reading about them. But after wearing the watch for a bit I quickly realize the watch is too small on my wrist. And because of that, the watch really doesn't see much wrist time. I know, shame on me for not knowing my minimum watch size. All is not lost though. I have gifted the watch to my wife and she seems to like it just fine.
                The one I’m wearing is 42/22mm btw

Comment

• Originally posted by jays0n View Post
                  IOI, that is an awesome looking strap (cool watch too BTW). What is that?
                  It’s a rubber nato strap from Watchgecko.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                    The one I’m wearing is 42/22mm btw

My watch is also 42mm with 22mm lugs. It's the perfect size for my 6.75" wrist I think. Some are 36-38mm which is small.

Comment

• Working from home today so went with the Garmin. Thought I'd see how much, or how little, I actually move around the house.

Comment

• Anyone have an opinion on the Todd Snyder/Timex Maritime MS1? Hadn't seen them until I noticed an email in my spam today. I was thinking of getting a Seiko 007 or 009 but these are a similar price point. http://https://www.toddsnyder.com/pages/timex-maritime

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurps View Post
                          Anyone have an opinion on the Todd Snyder/Timex Maritime MS1? Hadn't seen them until I noticed an email in my spam today. I was thinking of getting a Seiko 007 or 009 but these are a similar price point. http://https://www.toddsnyder.com/pages/timex-maritime
                          Looks cool, but 30m WR? I mean, that's sufficient for what most people will use this for, but it's kind of surprising given that Timex's other divers have 50m or 100m WR.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Publius View Post

Nice, always liked the look of those zeniths.

Comment

• New to me (!), but not to the forum/thread. Could see this getting a lot of wrist time

Comment

Working...
                                X