Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
      Apologies for breaking the run of Speedy posts. Tissot Visodate:

Beautiful, one of my favorite dress watches
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Just picked up a vintage Longines watch. Can't wait to get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sose View Post
          Interesting. I was just checking out some of the vintage Longines watches that were for sale on the the various forums. Do you have a seller photo of the one you bought? What year was it made and how large (diameter) is it?

Comment

I too am interested in hearing about your new purchase. How did you decide on the particular model? What model did you end up getting? etc. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Comment

[MENTION=15111]TMann[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] -

Picked this one up: https://s31.postimg.org/5ebiobqvf/longines.jpg

It is a 1960 Crosshair dial Longines.

It is 34mm, so much smaller than others in my collection, but it looks fantastic. It is not a daily wearer but will certainly use it on special occasions.

How did I pick it? Well, I had been wanting a vintage Omega or Longines for a while. This one came up and was affordable enough to purchase and stash. If I need to service it, it shouldn't be too bad since my watchmaker is familiar with the movement (in house, Caliber 280, Mechanical with no complications). I wanted a clean dial and no date. That was basically my criteria.

Comment

Casual Friday. SuperOcean 42

Comment

Casual Friday. SuperOcean 42

By chance, are you a pilot or a plane enthusiast? I have a few friends who are either professional pilots or fly as a hobby, and when it comes to watches they adore Breitling. But unless there's some association with planes / flying, I haven't seen many WIS who have multiple Breitlings.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                    By chance, are you a pilot or a plane enthusiast? I have a few friends who are either professional pilots or fly as a hobby, and when it comes to watches they adore Breitling. But unless there's some association with planes / flying, I haven't seen many WIS who have multiple Breitlings.
                    Hey there!
                    No, neither. I'm particularly fond of my two Breitlings though. Most Breitlings don't really appeal to me but these two work for me real well.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]. Really a fantastic watch for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                        Thanks [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION]. Really a fantastic watch for the money.
                        Yeah, I was between that and the Seiko Cocktail Time. Ended up going with the Cocktail Time but sometimes I wish I had gone with the Visodate.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                          Yeah, I was between that and the Seiko Cocktail Time. Ended up going with the Cocktail Time but sometimes I wish I had gone with the Visodate.
                          Any pics of the Cocktail Time? I was considering grabbing that one.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                            Any pics of the Cocktail Time? I was considering grabbing that one.

The sunburst dial looks much better under sunlight than fluorescent. It looks more blue in stock photos than it does in real life, which is the main reason why it's a bit disappointing.

Comment

Red, White and Blue. Because America! (And the start of the Olympics)!

Comment

Back to my daily wear for Friday. Past 5, but not quitting time yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X