This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
    Really want to add this to my grail list, but that 50mm lug height would eat my tiny wrist for lunch. Beautiful dial though
    they look curved though. maybe you should just go try it on...said the enabler.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are watch buddies today

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        IWC Mark XVIII today
        Damn that's a nice looking watch. Would definitely help round out my collection nicely.

If only [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] wasn't such an enabler...

Comment

Does anyone know if Jomashop is a good website to buy a watch from?

Comment

Joma is a gray market dealer, meaning you do not get the manufacturer warranty, you get a Jomashop warranty. For some people, this is a deal breaker. Other people don't care.

I have read pleanty of stories online of people who were happy with their purchase, and others, not so much. Another thing I have read is that they don't necessarily have all watches in stock, even if they say they do when you place the order. So there might be a longer wait time on some pieces, but I guess you would only find that out after you place an order.

Do a quick Google search so you can form your own opinion.

What are you looking to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbar View Post
              I bought my BR123 from them with no issues. No warranty, but the price was less than half of what jewelry stores charge.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
                Really want to add this to my grail list, but that 50mm lug height would eat my tiny wrist for lunch. Beautiful dial though
                I think it's actually 52mm lug to lug. I have 6.5" wrists so this is really at my limit. It's one of the reasons I want the bracelet for it since I figure then the lugs will blend in with the bracelet and make them not stand out as much. Luckily it's a 40mm dial and sits relatively low and flat on the wrist

I've bought a few watches from there. I'd have no hesitation purchasing something in the $1k or less range from there. Anything above $2k and I'd probably want a warranty on it. I definitely wouldn't buy anything above $3k because at that point they charge a restocking fee if you have to return something.

I had an issue with a BR123 heritage I ordered from there which was defective upon arrival. They gave me some grief but eventually took it back. Luckily I was under the $3k limit so they didn't charge me but I could tell they were trying to avoid taking a return. Even though I just received the watch and was already having issue with the crown.
                Last edited by Vicious49; January 10, 2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Put it on a Colareb strap. I can’t recommend Colareb straps enough if you like the vintage distressed look. Their straps are very comfortable and not stiff at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Put it on a Colareb strap. I can’t recommend Colareb straps enough if you like the vintage distressed look. Their straps are very comfortable and not stiff at all.

fantastic strap.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      Nice. I want a Pioneer Pilot myself. The one that shares your color scheme is pretty nice.

Bought this one on a whim and liking it way more than I thought I would. Some pioneers I like- others- pass.
                      I’ve been looking at an older khaki navy GMT. The red/black scheme with the black rubber strap. In my mind it looks like a great casual/sport watch that is still a great timepiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post
                        Bought this one on a whim and liking it way more than I thought I would. Some pioneers I like- others- pass.
                        I’ve been looking at an older khaki navy GMT. The red/black scheme with the black rubber strap. In my mind it looks like a great casual/sport watch that is still a great timepiece.

That one. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I hate it. It’s kind of how I felt about the orange strap sub I posted a week or so ago. But now I love that one.

Comment

Working from home today.

Comment

FWIW, I purchase a $100 Citizen through Jomashop that included a Jomashop warranty. The watch needed repair after a drop. Warranty process through Jomashop was relatively painless, though they don't respond to emails asking for updates on the repair. I shipped my watch to Jomashop, they evaluated it and sent it to Citizen for the repair, the movement was replaced under warranty and shipped back to Jomashop, then Jomashop shipped it back to me. It took several months to get my watch back, but my only cost was shipping to Jomashop. Definitely check their warranty language on the item you're planning to purchase.

Comment

A little vintage Seiko time today.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Blancpain Villeret Grande Date

Comment

Working...
                                X