Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put this guy back on the bracelet for the first time in... I don't know when. Maybe ever now that I think about it. Gave the bracelet the brushed treatment to get rid of all those shiny bits.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      Put this guy back on the bracelet for the first time in... I don't know when. Maybe ever now that I think about it. Gave the bracelet the brushed treatment to get rid of all those shiny bits.
      What did you use for brushing? Just a pad, or did you get a pen? It's something I would like to do, but have been nervous to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ringwolf View Post
        What did you use for brushing? Just a pad, or did you get a pen? It's something I would like to do, but have been nervous to try it.
        I use the green scotchbrite pads for most of it. I also have some various grits of sand paper. All depends on how obvious I want the brushing. I suggest starting with the green pads. Don't be nervous, it is one of the easiest things to do. Just try to keep your strokes all in the same direction.

Comment

New strap for my SNK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s done. I sold my IWC Portuguese Chrono. It was a gorgeous watch but I hardly wore it. Finally received permission from my wife to sell the PO2500 and upgrade to the watch I should have originally bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              It’s done. I sold my IWC Portuguese Chrono. It was a gorgeous watch but I hardly wore it. Finally received permission from my wife to sell the PO2500 and upgrade to the watch I should have originally bought.

Congrats and welcome to the Rolex party! Beware that you may stop wearing others, given how easy it is to roll with a Sub (SD in my case) most days...

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                Congrats and welcome to the Rolex party! Beware that you may stop wearing others, given how easy it is to roll with a Sub (SD in my case) most days...
                I'm hoping that's the case. My wife does not like me constantly buying and selling watches. I told her the Rolex should help put an end to that

My goal is to slim down the collection to the Sub, IWC Mark XVIII, and Sinn 103. That way I have what IMO is the most iconic diver, most iconic pilot watch, and a chrono.

Comment

Much happier with the NATO!

Comment

wedding gift from my wife

Comment

Originally posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

That is a gorgeous watch! It would look so much cleaner and classier without all that text below the "Rolex" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I'm hoping that's the case. My wife does not like me constantly buying and selling watches. I told her the Rolex should help put an end to that

My goal is to slim down the collection to the Sub, IWC Mark XVIII, and Sinn 103. That way I have what IMO is the most iconic diver, most iconic pilot watch, and a chrono.
                        Sub in a Speedy for the Sinn, SD4k for Sub, and currently an Alpina in lieu of the XVIII... and you have my collection. The Speedy rarely gets used because of the manual, Alpina more currently bc it's a quartz and easy to grab, but SD takes 90%+ of my wrist time.

I guess not including my g-shock which I use for gym, etc. I've been debating the Mark XVIII for a while--the blue is excellent, but I also like the titanium version they released this year. Last but certainly not least, I'm still searching for the right (true) dress watch. Thought I had it with the JLC grande ultra thin small seconds (40mm--i have big wrists), but I can't figure out grande vs norm, gold vs SS, etc. so I'm wondering if it just isn't the perfect fit and I should keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

So crisp. And quite a gift to receive -- she (and, correspondingly, you) picked well!

Comment

Trying a new NATO today. I bought a 4 pack from Amazon for $13. They are cheap, but I can try out the different colors and upgrade when I find one that suits the watch best.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              Last but certainly not least, I'm still searching for the right (true) dress watch. Thought I had it with the JLC grande ultra thin small seconds (40mm--i have big wrists), but I can't figure out grande vs norm, gold vs SS, etc. so I'm wondering if it just isn't the perfect fit and I should keep looking.
                              For me, I think it will eventuall be a JLC Ultra thin Moonphase. That's probably a few years away. I could afford it sooner if I got rid of the Mark 18, but I think I want to stick with what I currently have for a bit and see what ends up getting wrist time and what doesn't before I do anythng else.

Comment

Borealis today

Comment

Working...
                                X