This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token View Post

Grand Seiko SBGJ227, my big watch purchase of the year. Fills a lot of holes in my collection: first green dial, first gmt, and first grand Seiko.
    Very nice, I've tried out the GS GMTs and that green is a nice one!

Comment

gave into the hype and honestly is rather disappointed. the marlin will be going back to timex.

EDIT: thread going up in swap&shop, pm if you are interested.
      Last edited by kongmw; December 15, 2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

What watch I wore today

A vintage watch from the former East Germany. Made by the defunct Ruhla. My most recent addition to the collection.

Surprisingly modern. Would not be out of place in some Kickstarter pitch... Dates from the mid 1980s.

FYI: Crazy affordable automatic watches can be found from former East Germany. Well under $100 if you shop around. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Publius; December 15, 2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Grand Seiko SBGJ227, my big watch purchase of the year. Fills a lot of holes in my collection: first green dial, first gmt, and first grand Seiko.
          That is super nice

Comment

If any of you guys own this and ever want to sell it to me

Comment

Originally posted by Jmeyers View Post

Might as well contribute since I wear watches and also read this thread daily.

Bought this one a while ago as my second watch purchase. I didn’t know what I was doing so I feel like I kinda lucked out. It’s one of my favorites.
              Any idea which strap this is?

Comment

Hi folks...newbie here and just bought this watch. Although I like the tan strap, it is not as 'thick' as I'll like compared to what I saw on a Fossil brand in the same store. Any idea where I can purchase same colour strap that is thicker online to replace this one?

Comment

[MENTION=17410]halfmacgas[/MENTION] Yeah, I've been looking for that watch myself. I did find on several years ago and decided to take a pass. Been regretting it ever since.

[MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] What didn't you like about the Marlin?

[MENTION=17387]tayken[/MENTION] Have you checked out Clockwork Synergy? I don't know if they sell leather NATO straps, but I had good luck with them when I purchased my nylon one.

Comment

Sinn 103

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      [MENTION=17410]halfmacgas[/MENTION] Yeah, I've been looking for that watch myself. I did find on several years ago and decided to take a pass. Been regretting it ever since.

[MENTION=17387]tayken[/MENTION] Have you checked out Clockwork Synergy? I don't know if they sell leather NATO straps, but I had good luck with them when I purchased my nylon one.
                      It's on ebay atm but looks like a ridiculous exploitive price. Was selling for around 160 when it was around I think

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        honestly, I don't dislike the watch. it's just nothing jumped out at me when I put on the watch so I decided to let it go. i'm probably just being overly picky about a $200 timex though.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                          honestly, I don't dislike the watch. it's just nothing jumped out at me when I put on the watch so I decided to let it go. i'm probably just being overly picky about a $200 timex though.
                          Don't mince words on my account. I was a middle man for a family member. I tend to think all of the Snyder timex collaborations are overpriced.

Comment

Sinn 103 again

Comment

Comment

Last edited by utopify; December 18, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X