This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Needed a new running watch after 7-8 years of running with a much older Garmin. I can't believe how the technology has changed over the years. This watch is much lighter and thinner than my other watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have heard good things about the garmin watches. I want something like that for hiking and offroad outings. One day maybe.

Comment

Same again.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        I have heard good things about the garmin watches. I want something like that for hiking and offroad outings. One day maybe.
        I ended up picking up this watch during a Black Friday sale. After having done one run with the watch it is taking some getting used to as compared to my previous model. But I am happy with my purchase. If you're able to pick one up for a price that works for you, I say go for it.

Comment

Panda time at SEA-TAC.

Last edited by Nandyn; December 7, 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I ended up picking up this watch during a Black Friday sale. After having done one run with the watch it is taking some getting used to as compared to my previous model. But I am happy with my purchase. If you're able to pick one up for a price that works for you, I say go for it.
            I'll comment on my experience with 2 Garmin watches, a Garmin 305 and currently a Fenix2. My 305 was a reliable watch that I didn't have issues with other than deminished battery life over its life. The Fenix2 has been rough. The first one was warranty replaced by Garmin as the watch would go into an endless loop of restarts even after resetting it. My current issue with the watch is that it will randomly freeze and drain the battery surprisingly quick. These are both software glitches that Garmin sometimes fixes or lets them live on.

With that said, my experience has been 90% positive with some little quirks. If you find the Garmin you like, just Google the specific watch and issues to see what comes up. Sometimes they are one off issues, other times it is a nightmare.

DCRainmaker is the standard for reviewing a watch but he never mentions glitches and such so make sure you look for those before buying.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] yeah Garmin's are an interesting proposition. My first Garmin was a 405 that I bought I think 8 or 9 years ago. The one with the touch bezel. But after less than a year the battery would not hold a charge. So I sent it back to Garmin for a warranty repair/replacement. The watch they shipped me back worked fine but again, within a year the batter wasn't holding a charge so again. Back to the factory for a warranty replacement. The third one they sent me worked well enough up to about a year ago. At that point the watch would hold a charge, but not for much more than 3-4 hours. Maybe just enough to run a marathon depending on your speed/time.

In the meantime, the wife picked up a Garmin (not sure of the model) that she uses for swimming, running, daily tracker, etc. It has been nothing but brilliant. Battery life rocks. Trackers her life like the NSA, and all in all she's been extremely happy with it for over a year now.

When it came time for me to get a new running watch, because most of my life was/is already with Garmin, it was a no brainer for me to get another one. Some Google searching around for 'best running watch' led me to the Garmin 235 pictured above.

I prefer analogue watches to life tracker watches so the 235 won't be seeing much wrist time as a daily wearer. But for a running watch that is lightweight, semi stylish (for a running watch) I think I made a good choice.

Comment

Casio Diver

Comment

At the risk of soundong like a broken record, here's panda again, in front of a "pirate" ship at Fisherman's Wharf in SF (vacation time!).

Last edited by Nandyn; December 7, 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I think everyone should have one of these. Is my go to watch this time of year because it slides so kicely under jackets, sweaters, and gloves.

Comment

In honor of the recent “identify this watch post”

Comment

When it came time for me to get a new running watch, because most of my life was/is already with Garmin, it was a no brainer for me to get another one. Some Google searching around for 'best running watch' led me to the Garmin 235 pictured above.
                        I had a Garmin for 4-5 years, one of the old big thick ones. I really liked in until the satellite data went bad. Now I always run with my phone so I just use the mapmyrun app. Here’s the running watch:

I have been wearing this Ironman to run for probably 25 years.

On to the thread topic:

Comment

Hey [MENTION=15867]carlitos[/MENTION] I have that EXACT same watch. Thing just never dies. I keep replacing the battery whenever I have to and boom. It keeps running. Definitely one of the better money/vs longevity purchases I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

In honor of the recent “identify this watch post”

Slick watch / strap combo. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              I think everyone should have one of these. Is my go to watch this time of year because it slides so kicely under jackets, sweaters, and gloves.
                              I find that to be the only drawback to the bambino is that the dome causes it to catch on most of my shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkie_415 View Post
                                I find that to be the only drawback to the bambino is that the dome causes it to catch on most of my shirts.
                                I know lots of people disagree with me but that's exactly why I can't consider the bambino a dress watch. That dome need to be a bit smaller for me to use it as one. Sharp looking watch though

Comment

Working...
                                X