• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still this...
    Ben

Comment

Vintage (80s?) Poljot hand-wind.

Comment

Really like the dial texture on that one.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          Vintage (80s?) Poljot hand-wind.
          O_o USSR watch on a NATO strap? My how far we've come along in geopolitics! Totally agree with how awesome that texture looks!

Comment

Thanks! Texture is only really visible up close and in good light. A steal for $30 shipped.

Comment

Yeah its almost like linen.
              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                Yeah its almost like linen.
                I was going to say it reminded me of the Seiko linen dial. Nice looking

Comment

Yea the dial was a nice surprise when I opened up the package; it didn't show up too well in the eBay listing.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                      Trying this one out on the strap I picked up for the Alpinist.

As an aside, I really like the @clockworksynergy quick release straps. If you have a number of watches with the same lug width, it makes changing things up tool free and easy. I just ordered a third one in suede and am seriously considering some from the codura line.

Fantastic combo!
                      "Instantly Add a Little Class to your Wardrobe"

www.clockworksynergy.com

Comment

Here's my finished Seapirate Panda Ocean in all its skulduggery.

Thanks again to [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] for his help and advise on my first mod. Check out his modded watches!
                        Last edited by Nandyn; December 5, 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Here's my finished Seapirate Panda Ocean in all its skulduggery.

Thanks again to [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] for his help and advise on my first mod. Check out his modded watches!
                          I like it! How do you like that dial? Its one i have wanted to see in person. I usually like applied indices but that wave texture is attractive.

Comment

Mostly stock Skx009 today

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              Mostly stock Skx009 today
                              Nice! Makes me want a Coke. As for my dial, it's pretty neat, but smaller scale and not as obvious or as raised as the real thing. It does create a very nice, subtle effect. Most of the time though, the dial has more of a herringbone effect.

Here you can see most of the waves. Bonus: made one final revision to the pirate panda logo since the picture above (smaller and turned left hand into a hook).

I do wish the lume was applied a bit thicker. If lume filled applied black indices of the same size/shape were used, it would be perfect.
                              Last edited by Nandyn; December 6, 2017, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Needed a new running watch after 7-8 years of running with a much older Garmin. I can't believe how the technology has changed over the years. This watch is much lighter and thinner than my other watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X