This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I had a 40mm Panerai homage once that I liked quite a bit. I mean, until it fogged up the second day I owned it just from my wrist sweat.

There are some 40mm PAMs but they aren’t super easy to find and they tend to be more expensive than you’d think they should be, considering the cost of entry level 44mm models.
    My friend has one of the 40mm PAMs and it's nice. And that's coming from a guy who, despite having large wrists, has trouble getting on board with PAM. Not sure what version he had, but it had a waffle dial (similar to the AP Royal Oak's tapisserie pattern) which gave it something extra, too. Still pretty thick.

Comment

Edifice on FFF button stud today.

Comment

Yesterday vs today

Yesterday

Today

I call it the Seapirate Panda Ocean. I'm liking the trident seconds a lot. It looks almost black, but when it catches the light just right, it's a nice glassy cobalt.
        Last edited by Nandyn; November 30, 2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've taken a liking to the Tissot Quadrato. I like the plain cream dial version or the silver dial. I've looked at a lot of preowned watches. I've bought a lot of preowned watches. Why does EVERY preowned Quadrato I see look beat? Is it something about the polishing or stainless they use?
            I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

If I get an SKX007 and put together 3 or 4 different bezels for it, am I going to wear anything out changing them frequently?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                I've taken a liking to the Tissot Quadrato. I like the plain cream dial version or the silver dial. I've looked at a lot of preowned watches. I've bought a lot of preowned watches. Why does EVERY preowned Quadrato I see look beat? Is it something about the polishing or stainless they use?
                If it is surface finishing you can always repolish it with a cheesecloth or metal polish.

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                If I get an SKX007 and put together 3 or 4 different bezels for it, am I going to wear anything out changing them frequently?

eventually, yes. A couple of things. The gasket retention mechanism will wear eventually. Of course you can buy multiples of that. The more troublesome thing is the potential for tool marks or bent bezels from the removal. If you are OK with all of that, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bassopotamus View Post

That Seiko 5 looks great! What strap is on it?

Comment

Originally posted by t.urman View Post
                    That Seiko 5 looks great! What strap is on it?
                    Thanks! It's a Popov Leather which was on sale. I'm not super happy with how it is wearing around the buckle (the leather got kind of crackly almost immediately) but I do like that the navy stitching matches the watch face. And it was a huge upgrade from the pretty ugly nylon one it came with

Comment

You could try a leather conditioner in that area.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try a little lexol on it one of these days. based on their description, they use quality leather

Comment

Filson Dutch Harbor (made by Shinola) on gray NATO strap from Crown and Buckle. The watch case is a big solid chunk of brushed steel -- between it and the oversized bezel, it wears bigger than its 43mm size. I got it for a song at TJMaxx. It is my first Shinola watch, and overall I have to say I am impressed. The fit/finish, hands, and dial are all very nice -- much nicer than the price I paid. There are still a few out there for much less than the $750+ list ...

(yeah, I know it's not the 31st. fixed after I took the pic...)
                          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by motosacto View Post
                            Filson Dutch Harbor (made by Shinola) on gray NATO strap from Crown and Buckle. The watch case is a big solid chunk of brushed steel -- between it and the oversized bezel, it wears bigger than its 43mm size. I got it for a song at TJMaxx. It is my first Shinola watch, and overall I have to say I am impressed. The fit/finish, hands, and dial are all very nice -- much nicer than the price I paid. There are still a few out there for much less than the $750+ list ...

(yeah, I know it's not the 31st. fixed after I took the pic...)
                            Those Filsons really pretty impressive... Just too big for my dainty wrist.

Comment

Trying this one out on the strap I picked up for the Alpinist.

As an aside, I really like the [MENTION=15015]clockworksynergy[/MENTION] quick release straps. If you have a number of watches with the same lug width, it makes changing things up tool free and easy. I just ordered a third one in suede and am seriously considering some from the codura line.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Picked up a Damasko DA36 in black

Comment

Working...
                                X