Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"look at that, I still wear the same strap size as high school" said the invicta in denial.

Comment

This watch looks great on pretty much every NATO strap I try it on. It May be another keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        This watch looks great on pretty much every NATO strap I try it on. It May be another keeper.

It is, don't sell that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          Cincy Strap Works

https://www.cincystrapworks.com/coll...on-watch-strap

Probably the nicest NATO I own. Hasn't frayed at all, softened up well without getting too permanently creased, long enough to tuck back through both keepers. It dries quickly as well.
          I just picked up a few from Crown and Buckle (always had good experience with them so that's my go to for NATOs) but I may have to check out what cincy carries.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          [IMg]https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22894390_10100382590397975_4826927624326165638_n.j pg?oh=9aaaa436163852814d91795c0658b280&oe=5A654780/IMG]

New Steinhart... changed my order from the black ceramic to green aluminum after seeing a few YT videos of the ceramic. Happy with my choice.
          Nice. I like the pop of green. It's about time Steinhart started making some more modest sized watches.

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
          I really like that shade of green, nice pickup Ben! I had no idea the ocean one was even being made in a smaller size now. The size was one of the major issues keeping me from purchasing... and now I see that there is a white MoP dial variant. Guess I’ll add that to the “someone please buy me this” list.

More on topic. Casual day of jeans and an OCBD so I went with my Alpinist. Too lazy to correct the date right now.
          [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/851b6032d9e326b3332fb27ab9de9000.jpg[/IMG
          What strap is that?

Comment

If you don’t take a picture wearing the Edifice, did you really even wear it?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              It is, don't sell that thing.
              Thanks. Only problem is that I'm pretty sure it's never been serviced. I need to find someone I can trust to work on a watch (this one is a basic ETA 2824) in the Houston area. It's so hard to figure out who can actually work on mechanical watches vs 'they are great at changing batteries' from all the Yelp reviews.

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] it's an Eulit Perlon. Specifically its the "Palma" version which has a thicker weave. Technically this is the brown one but the color looks much more like a charcoal.

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] it's an Eulit Perlon. Specifically its the "Palma" version which has a thicker weave. Technically this is the brown one but the color looks much more like a charcoal.
                  Is it a softer more cloth like feel or hard? I bought a Perlon from C&B but it feels hard and rough, rougher than my NATOs. I've never owned a perlon before so maybe this is normal but they always looked like they should feel much softer.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
                    If you don’t take a picture wearing the Edifice, did you really even wear it?

You and me both today.

Hah! Taking this photo made me realize that my date is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Thanks. Only problem is that I'm pretty sure it's never been serviced. I need to find someone I can trust to work on a watch (this one is a basic ETA 2824) in the Houston area. It's so hard to figure out who can actually work on mechanical watches vs 'they are great at changing batteries' from all the Yelp reviews.
                      The Little Watch Shop off of Shepard. I entrusted them with my Dad’s vintage Hamilton and a vintage Omega. They did a great job on both.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                        The Little Watch Shop off of Shepard. I entrusted them with my Dad’s vintage Hamilton and a vintage Omega. They did a great job on both.
                        Thanks for the tip. That's the place I had called earlier this week to see if they could do the job. I hadn't had a chance to go out there yet. I will definitely try them out now.

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Being a synthetic fiber they definitely don’t feel cloth-like as their appearance might lead you to believe. That being said there are a whole bunch of perlon straps out there that are stiff, scratchy and uncomfortable. Eulit seems to be one of the few brands that delivers affordable ones that are actually good. No rough edges and not scratchy at all. Mine has softened up over time and is very comfortable.

Comment

Posting pictures on this forum is complicated but I will try using Tapatak, pardon on advance if it shows as a reply to someone. I got my steinhart driver on a day of the dead nato during happy hour

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Being a synthetic fiber they definitely don’t feel cloth-like as their appearance might lead you to believe. That being said there are a whole bunch of perlon straps out there that are stiff, scratchy and uncomfortable. Eulit seems to be one of the few brands that delivers affordable ones that are actually good. No rough edges and not scratchy at all. Mine has softened up over time and is very comfortable.
                              I have a couple of the eulit panama and agree with that.

Comment

first time poster here, finally happy to add to this merry band of horological aficionados.

Enjoy the weekend!
                                Best,
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X