Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jays0n View Post
    I don’t normally like gold but this looks great with the blue. Good luck!!!

    j


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it looked great but I couldn't confirm it wasn't fake so I didn't bid. I did order a Bulova Snorkel II though. Should be pretty cool.
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

    Comment


      Citizen NY2300

      Edit: Man I need a new phone. What a terrible photo :P

      Comment


        Originally posted by jays0n View Post
        Classy lookin Seiko! Does have a display caseback?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks! It does, with a hardlex crystal. although i suppose you can't ask for everything at $350

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          Citizen NY2300

          Edit: Man I need a new phone. What a terrible photo :P
          I like the color of the strap. where did you get that one?

          Comment


            Originally posted by idvsego View Post
            I like the color of the strap. where did you get that one?
            Cincy Strap Works

            https://www.cincystrapworks.com/coll...on-watch-strap

            Probably the nicest NATO I own. Hasn't frayed at all, softened up well without getting too permanently creased, long enough to tuck back through both keepers. It dries quickly as well.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
              I suppose it's a variety of reasons. Its by far the nicest watch, most expensive I own and I almost never wear black. I'm a bit slavish to watch/shoe combinations and haven't picked out a different band. It's borderline too bug although I think it looks good in the photo I posted. Maybe I'm self conscious? Not sure. I should look to rotate it in more frequently. Any suggestions to do that?
              Doug, I wish I had a suggestion for you on how to rotate your watches. That is an area that I am struggling with myself. I find that I get in to a 'rut' and I'll wear the same watch for a week solid. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I obviously like the watch. But then I'll look in the watch box and see other watches there and think "geeze, I need to start wearing these other watches more". So yeah, welcome to the world of watch rotation.

              Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              That is pretty much my logic. I don't buy something if I don't have the budget to replace it in a reasonable amount of time. But with watches, some people just don't like it to show wear. I have seen people get worked up about a bezel nick on a & 40 casio.
              I agree with this sentiment too. Would I be bummed if I scratched one of my watches? Definitely. But would it stop me from wearing it? Nope. I see watches are items to be worn, not set aside for fear of loss or use. Now if I had the cake to purchase the Paul Newman Daytona ($17 mil anyone?) I'd have a huge internal debate. To wear the watch or not. Although at this moment in time, I'm leaning more towards wear than preserve.

              Comment


                Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                Doug, I wish I had a suggestion for you on how to rotate your watches. That is an area that I am struggling with myself. I find that I get in to a 'rut' and I'll wear the same watch for a week solid. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I obviously like the watch. But then I'll look in the watch box and see other watches there and think "geeze, I need to start wearing these other watches more". So yeah, welcome to the world of watch rotation.



                I agree with this sentiment too. Would I be bummed if I scratched one of my watches? Definitely. But would it stop me from wearing it? Nope. I see watches are items to be worn, not set aside for fear of loss or use. Now if I had the cake to purchase the Paul Newman Daytona ($17 mil anyone?) I'd have a huge internal debate. To wear the watch or not. Although at this moment in time, I'm leaning more towards wear than preserve.
                OK, that one I might not wear. its an iconic piece of history and I feel like it should be preserved. any other daytona, yes, I would wear it.

                I believe in driving classic cars too but if I had Carrol Shelby's first ever Shelby Mustang, I wouldn't drive it either. at some point some things move into the museum category. If you can go to the store and get another one with the same heritage, it isnt there.

                Comment




                  New Steinhart... changed my order from the black ceramic to green aluminum after seeing a few YT videos of the ceramic. Happy with my choice.
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                    New Steinhart... changed my order from the black ceramic to green aluminum after seeing a few YT videos of the ceramic. Happy with my choice.
                    Nice. I still need some green in my rotation

                    Comment


                      I really like that shade of green, nice pickup Ben! I had no idea the ocean one was even being made in a smaller size now. The size was one of the major issues keeping me from purchasing... and now I see that there is a white MoP dial variant. Guess I’ll add that to the “someone please buy me this” list.


                      More on topic. Casual day of jeans and an OCBD so I went with my Alpinist. Too lazy to correct the date right now.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        Doug, I wish I had a suggestion for you on how to rotate your watches. That is an area that I am struggling with myself. I find that I get in to a 'rut' and I'll wear the same watch for a week solid. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I obviously like the watch. But then I'll look in the watch box and see other watches there and think "geeze, I need to start wearing these other watches more". So yeah, welcome to the world of watch rotation.



                        I agree with this sentiment too. Would I be bummed if I scratched one of my watches? Definitely. But would it stop me from wearing it? Nope. I see watches are items to be worn, not set aside for fear of loss or use. Now if I had the cake to purchase the Paul Newman Daytona ($17 mil anyone?) I'd have a huge internal debate. To wear the watch or not. Although at this moment in time, I'm leaning more towards wear than preserve.
                        I enjoy using the "toys" I buy for my own appreciation and amusement, but I'm also able to enjoy things I don't use. I can see having a watch that I don't really wear. I have knives I don't carry, guns I don't shoot. I think some of it depends on your pocketbook and what the relative values mean to you. There are a lot of people with cars they don't drive.
                        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          I really like that shade of green, nice pickup Ben! I had no idea the ocean one was even being made in a smaller size now. The size was one of the major issues keeping me from purchasing... and now I see that there is a white MoP dial variant. Guess I’ll add that to the “someone please buy me this” list.


                          More on topic. Casual day of jeans and an OCBD so I went with my Alpinist. Too lazy to correct the date right now.
                          I love the alpinist, and yours looks great! I think I will have one this year. I also want to get another SKX007 and rotate Red and Green bezels on it.
                          I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

                          Comment


                            Trimming down my camping gear for an upcoming trip between conference calls. Just grabbed the first watch I saw sitting on my desk... That wasn't in pieces

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                              I enjoy using the "toys" I buy for my own appreciation and amusement, but I'm also able to enjoy things I don't use. I can see having a watch that I don't really wear. I have knives I don't carry, guns I don't shoot. I think some of it depends on your pocketbook and what the relative values mean to you. There are a lot of people with cars they don't drive.
                              For sure. It's all about what makes you happy. I don't own anything I WOULDN'T use... But have several things that I DON'T use.

                              Comment


                                That sounds about right.
                                I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X