Is it a reference 1016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It is a REF. 1016.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
        It is a REF. 1016.

A rare bird these days. I’ve seen only one person wear a 1016 in the wild in a decade.

Comment

Haven't worn this one in a while.

Comment

[MENTION=2984]Doug Chalkey[/MENTION] That's too bad about not being able to wear your watch more often. What occupies you during the day that might cause you to scratch your watch? For me, while I would be EXTREMELY bummed if one of my watches were to be scratched I figure I bought them to be worn. If they get scratched during the course of my day, so be it. Of course I'm pretty much a desk jockey, so that limits my exposure to potential 'high scratch' situations.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              [MENTION=2984]Doug Chalkey[/MENTION] That's too bad about not being able to wear your watch more often. What occupies you during the day that might cause you to scratch your watch? For me, while I would be EXTREMELY bummed if one of my watches were to be scratched I figure I bought them to be worn. If they get scratched during the course of my day, so be it. Of course I'm pretty much a desk jockey, so that limits my exposure to potential 'high scratch' situations.
              I suppose it's a variety of reasons. Its by far the nicest watch, most expensive I own and I almost never wear black. I'm a bit slavish to watch/shoe combinations and haven't picked out a different band. It's borderline too bug although I think it looks good in the photo I posted. Maybe I'm self conscious? Not sure. I should look to rotate it in more frequently. Any suggestions to do that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

If my watches dont have at least 1 scratch, I feel like I wasted my money.

as an aside...how long has this thread been a sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  If my watches dont have at least 1 scratch, I feel like I wasted my money.

as an aside...how long has this thread been a sticky?
                  I think fairly recently, like within the last week. Just noticed that, too!

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

my first 'serious' automatic piece. it's been a while since i last wore it...
                    Classy lookin Seiko! Does have a display caseback?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/32284622888....N36.S2.R2.TR3

Is this hamilton legit or not? Also, please don't bid against me lol
                      I don’t normally like gold but this looks great with the blue. Good luck!!!

j

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                        That's a very nice watch! Get one of these in the correct size https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and put it on. As long as you get it on centered and without lint, it's seriously almost invisible and everything still remains all shiny.
                        That only protects the crystal. His watch should have a sapphire crystal which is extremely difficult to scratch.

Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
                        I suppose it's a variety of reasons. Its by far the nicest watch, most expensive I own and I almost never wear black. I'm a bit slavish to watch/shoe combinations and haven't picked out a different band. It's borderline too bug although I think it looks good in the photo I posted. Maybe I'm self conscious? Not sure. I should look to rotate it in more frequently. Any suggestions to do that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                        I don't pay much attention to matching band to shoes or belt anymore. No one except you is going to notice or care so I'd say it is being self conscious. As far as it being too expensive to wear . . . I was that way at the beginning with my omega. But what's the point of owning something if you're scared to wear or use it. I read somewhere that if you're scared to wear something, you probably can't afford it. I thought about it and agreed with that assessment and stopped babying my watches. Although for me . . . I only go to an office and back so not like there's much abuse going on in my every day life.

Comment

As long as my leathers are all black or all brown, I am fine.

Comment

But what's the point of owning something if you're scared to wear or use it. I read somewhere that if you're scared to wear something, you probably can't afford it.

Love it, and you're absolutely right. I think we all have mental hurdles that slow us down style-wise. I'll effort to put that advice into action.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
                              I read somewhere that if you're scared to wear something, you probably can't afford it.
                              That is pretty much my logic. I don't buy something if I don't have the budget to replace it in a reasonable amount of time. But with watches, some people just don't like it to show wear. I have seen people get worked up about a bezel nick on a & 40 casio.

Comment

Today’s watch -blue on blue with my Longines chronograph.

And the reverse side to see some of the beautiful scuffs on the bracelet. This is about 15 years’ worth of wear and a fresh polishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X