This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by numbercrunch View Post
    Here’s one I don’t wear often. This 6239 Cosmograph is from early 1960’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice Cosmograph. I don't see many Rolex Chronos. If you're not wearing the watch all that often, what is your go-to?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Very nice Cosmograph. I don't see many Rolex Chronos. If you're not wearing the watch all that often, what is your go-to?
      Lately I’ve been wearing a vintage Omega Constellation from the 1950s. For me vintage is the way to go. How about yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso - the only square face watch in my collection.

beautiful watch. definitely the next one on my list.

Comment

Lately I’ve been wearing a vintage Omega Constellation from the 1950s. For me vintage is the way to go. How about yourself?

I just bought a vintage Rolex Explorer from the late 1960s. It still has yet to arrive, but I think I too may have caught the vintage bug.

Comment

I just bought a vintage Rolex Explorer from the late 1960s. It still has yet to arrive, but I think I too may have caught the vintage bug.

Is it a reference 1016?

Comment

Crap! I was all set to get a Bulova moon watch. It looked pretty good, had some interesting history, and just isn't the run of the mill chrono. Then I saw the way they finished the crystal. Its just a flat sapphire that sticks out like an 1/8in on top of the case. No dome at all. It looks like its missing a bezel.

I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

For me, my go to watch of late has been the Explorer II. Pretty much goes with everything I wear/own, yet it's nondescript enough that it doesn't scream Rolex.

I follow some watch guys/posts on Instagram and see some nice looking Rolex watches, but for the moment the Explorer II is holding off the competition.

Comment

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso - the only square face watch in my collection.

Beautiful!

Is that the Medium or Large?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
                    Crap! I was all set to get a Bulova moon watch. It looked pretty good, had some interesting history, and just isn't the run of the mill chrono. Then I saw the way they finished the crystal. Its just a flat sapphire that sticks out like an 1/8in on top of the case. No dome at all. It looks like its missing a bezel.

That's typical of vintage Bulova watches. Check out how tall the crystal is on this 1966 Deep Sea http://wornandwound.com/review/affor...tron-deep-sea/

The actual watch that went to moon has that same style crystal as well http://wornandwound.com/bulova-used-...get-one-today/

It's a really cool watch. If you like it you should get it. But if what you really want is a Speedmaster then there's only one solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post

It looks good in person. If it were a little smaller i would own one.

Comment

Christopher Ward Trident. Don't wear it much as I'm afraid to scratch it, but I do love it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
                          Christopher Ward Trident. Don't wear it much as I'm afraid to scratch it, but I do love it.

That's a very nice watch! Get one of these in the correct size https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and put it on. As long as you get it on centered and without lint, it's seriously almost invisible and everything still remains all shiny.

Comment

my first 'serious' automatic piece. it's been a while since i last wore it...

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              That's a very nice watch! Get one of these in the correct size https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and put it on. As long as you get it on centered and without lint, it's seriously almost invisible and everything still remains all shiny.
                              I'll check it out! Great rec. Been considering switching out the band but can't decide on one.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

my first 'serious' automatic piece. it's been a while since i last wore it...
                                I stupidly sold my sarb033. Was a little dressy for my use but I love the case. If I ever find cheap one I m snapping it up to mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X