• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    A fellow Davek umbrella owner I see.

Nice watch too. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO, Davek makes one hell of an umbrella. NYC inverts/breaks all sorts of umbrellas, but I've never had an issue with mine (except when I broke one while stupidly stuffing it into my briefcase without strapping/rolling it together tight). I also interestingly have never left it anywhere, despite my previous pattern of leaving cheapo umbrellas all over town. Somewhere in my brain, it must know it's pricier so would sting more to lose, so I keep track of it better.

For you, not sure how much use you'll get after your move to Tejas... but not a bad thing! More cash for watches!

Comment

I only have 3 watches (so far) and so y'all are getting a lot of my most worn Seiko dressed differently. Def a counter to all the Lux in here.

Feeling Gray today

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

On the road all week means I've only brought/worn one watch. I figured the Seiko SKX0007 was the way to go. Stylish enough for the office as well as out after hours.

If I had that I would probably never take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by jays0n View Post
          I only have 3 watches (so far) and so y'all are getting a lot of my most worn Seiko dressed differently. Def a counter to all the Lux in here.

Feeling Gray today

I really like that watch though

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
            I love seeing the higher end watches but I tend to see more variety in the affordable postings. In the end, I just like seeing cool watches regardless of price so keep on posting.

If anyone has a Hamilton pioneer chrono, post some pics. Have been contemplating one for a while now but the asymmetrical case is a concern for me.
            I wear more expensive ($1000+) watches most of the time now but I don't mind seeing the affordable options as it gives me ideas for what I could use as a beater watch. Speaking of which I need to see what's going on with my Maratac quartz. Ben was right about them having issues and needing to send it back for service all the time.

Comment

I like to see the full spectrum of watches on display. There are great watches available in every price range.
              Ben

Comment

I wear more expensive ($1000+) watches most of the time now but I don't mind seeing the affordable options as it gives me ideas for what I could use as a beater watch. Speaking of which I need to see what's going on with my Maratac quartz. Ben was right about them having issues and needing to send it back for service all the time.
                I tend to beat on all of my watches so I haven't ventured past $500

Comment

I tend to beat on all of my watches so I haven't ventured past $500
                  'Beater' for me means more of what I may wear if I'm doing outdoors type stuff but even then they are usually pretty well protected.

Comment

I really like that watch though
                    Thanks, I am rather attached to it because I restored it. It was really bad when I got it, but some polish and gaskets for the bezel and case back from Esslinger, and some tinkering (oh and I re-painted the numbers on the bezel), it came back to life.It was super cheap to do, just took time.

I like to see your mods because of trying to work on my own watches. I cannot even imagine how much work goes into something like that.

j

Comment

'Beater' for me means more of what I may wear if I'm doing outdoors type stuff but even then they are usually pretty well protected.
                      Yeah, I get it. I just meant I am not careful. And I work at home so I go from desk work to banging around in my garage and back again but never take the time to change watches or take it off. I almost bit on a Ball pre-order but missed it trying to decide

Comment

Just finished servicing this watch.... Actually, its a friend's watch but hey- gotta make sure it works

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaoRqSPl...=sparky_labrat
                        See my photography: https://www.instagram.com/sparky_labrat/

Comment

Originally posted by dbals View Post
                          Just finished servicing this watch.... Actually, its a friend's watch but hey- gotta make sure it works

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaoRqSPl...=sparky_labrat
                          That's cool! Would love to see a thread somewhere with details.

Comment

Man, you would think that it being quartz would make it bullet proof. That's really surprising.

Comment

[MENTION=14984]jays0n[/MENTION], I'll go on the record too, I really like that Seiko

Comment

Might as well contribute since I wear watches and also read this thread daily.

Bought this one a while ago as my second watch purchase. I didn’t know what I was doing so I feel like I kinda lucked out. It’s one of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X