This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Well... It's an invicta 8926 at heart. But I have swapped the dial, hands, bezel insert and crystal. And strap. The standard instruments are pretty good though, and ready to go. 2 buddies have them and I have seen them first hand.
    LOL. So it's pretty much an [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] creation then. Buddy, you might be able to start a nice side business there if the urge ever strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      LOL. So it's pretty much an [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] creation then. Buddy, you might be able to start a nice side business there if the urge ever strikes.
      I have built a couple and sold them. Price starts to creep up on some of them though. If I sold this it would have to be for like $200. That's not bad for what it is but there is a lot of competition around $200. It has to be exactly what that person wants. I have done a couple for people though. Usually just charge parts plus a little for my time. They have gone for $200-300 so far. I could do some cheaper with lesser parts but I like a certain amount of detail that usually calls for something specific. I tried 5 diffethand sets on that one before I found what I wanted.

But for me, I just enjoy it. It's my "stress ball" activity. Here are some more I have done

Last edited by idvsego; August 20, 2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I like that first Invicta watch. The changes are make it unique enough so that it doesn't seem like a straight up homage to the Explorer II.

And I hear ya on the stress ball bit. We all need some kind of creative outlet to just relax. Nicely done.

Comment

Deep Blue ProTac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

lol just noticed my bezel out of place.

I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
              lol just noticed my bezel out of place.

Gah, my eyes! The bezel! Gah!

Just kidding. Cool watch.

Comment

got the timex fairfield today and paired it with a chromexcel strap, really liking it so far

Comment

New addition to the fold. An Orient Marshall.

Comment

I was looking at the Marshall the other day. Very nice.

Here's a new used acquisition for me - Tangramatic Bauhaus 39a. A micro brand automatic watch from down under.

Comment

Explorer II kind of day.

Comment

Comment

Don't see many marine masters around these parts. Nice watch.

Comment

Don't see many marine masters around these parts. Nice watch.
                            Thanks! I am pretty deep into watches, have been for a few years now.

This is actually a loaner from a friend too see if I like it, thinking about buying one for myself. It's pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
                              Thanks! I am pretty deep into watches, have been for a few years now.

This is actually a loaner from a friend too see if I like it, thinking about buying one for myself. It's pretty amazing.

I have heard good things. Put of my comfort zone price wise though. Have been considering a sumo or samurai for a while though.

Comment

I have heard good things. Put of my comfort zone price wise though. Have been considering a sumo or samurai for a while though.
                                I've heard good things about those! The MM300 is worth the price (used) IMO, but pricey for a "tool watch". I'm sure the sumo at $300-400 is worth it as well. If you haven't already check out the turtle, SRP777 etc, those are killer for $300

Comment

Working...
                                X