This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

I've owned this one for a few years but rarely wear it because as much as I love the dial/hands, the band width is really goofy (23mm for a 40mm case) and I wish the case were brushed and polished rather than being 100% polished.
    I had a gmt from them and thought the fully polished case made it look cheaper than the price tag. I like mixed finishes on my cases in that price range. But yeah, they do know how to make a nicely laid out dial.

Comment

• This watch is like that old high school buddy. The one you haven't talked to in years but when you run into him it's like you saw him yesterday and you think "we should stay in touch". But then you don't for no good reason. I have no idea why I don't wear this watch more.

Although the crystal in there does do a wonky light thing that bothers me. Need to swap that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
        Put the Bambino on a lighter brown strap (from Clockwork Synergy) for the season. The original dark brown strap wasn't a great match for the walnut/cognac colored shoes I tend to wear more in the summer.

Strap change also brings out the cognac in the roman numerals too. Beautiful!

Comment

• 1990 Speedmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What watch I wore today

Wore the Alpinist the other day and my CW trident today.

Comment

• Nice pair

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                Nice pair

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

I've owned this one for a few years but rarely wear it because as much as I love the dial/hands, the band width is really goofy (23mm for a 40mm case) and I wish the case were brushed and polished rather than being 100% polished.
                  Love that band. Where'd you get it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    Lol, I almost retype it but was like nah, it works. Also, archer is awesome

Comment

• [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] love it! How about that Kingsman/Archer promotional crossover they did? I would love to watch a full episode of that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                        [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] love it! How about that Kingsman/Archer promotional crossover they did? I would love to watch a full episode of that!
                        Dang it... Now I guess it's about time to re-watch from episode 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] love it! How about that Kingsman/Archer promotional crossover they did? I would love to watch a full episode of that!
                          Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                          Dang it... Now I guess it's about time to re-watch from episode 1.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDih9OUaJHg if you're just looking for the crossover. But I love it, Kingsman (1) was a stellar flick, so excited to see if 2 lives up to it (the trailers have my hopes up).

Comment

• And the Casio for the wedding rehearsal it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              This guy while I try to decide if I keep it or not
                              What watch is this? Looking to add to the collection with something similar to this... or a Maratac, or something from Standard Instruments.

Comment

• Originally posted by hasenkopfe View Post
                                What watch is this? Looking to add to the collection with something similar to this... or a Maratac, or something from Standard Instruments.
                                Well... It's an invicta 8926 at heart. But I have swapped the dial, hands, bezel insert and crystal. And strap. The standard instruments are pretty good though, and ready to go. 2 buddies have them and I have seen them first hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X